Home / Questions / Creating, recording and posting a credit memorandum for returned sales when PST, GST, or H
Creating, recording and posting a credit memorandum for returned sales when PST, GST, or HST is included.
1) Sue's Jewelry sold 25 necklaces for $25 each to a credit customer. The invoice included HST at 13% and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. Five necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the return would include
A) a debit to Sales Returns and Allowances for $141.25.
B) a debit to Sales Returns and Allowances for $125.00.
C) a credit to Sales Tax Payable for $16.25.
D) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $141.25.
2) A credit memorandum decreases which account on the seller's books?
A) Accounts Payable
B) Purchases Returns and Allowances
C) Sales Returns and Allowances
D) Accounts Receivable
3) Use the following information to answer the questions below:
Sales Returns and Allowances900
The Net Sales are ________________.
4) Calculate gross sales:
Net sales = $75,000
HST charged = $14,300
Sales returns and allowances - $15,000
Sales discounts - $20,000
Accounts receivable - $12,000
10.3 Journalizing purchase transactions that include GST or HST in the purchases journal.
1) Secret Trails received payment in full within the credit period for boarding for $800 plus 13% HST. Terms of the sale were 2/10, n/30. Which entry is required to record this transaction?
A) Debit Accounts Receivable, $800; credit Sales, $800
B) Debit Cash, $888; credit Accounts Receivable, $888
C) Debit Cash, $784; credit Sales, $784
D) Debit Cash, $904; credit Sales, $904
2) Sales discounts are not taken on which of the following?
A) HST added
C) Merchandise returned
D) Sales Discounts are not taken on any of the above.
3) Sold Merchandise for Cash subject to a provincial sales tax. This will be recorded with
A) a credit to an asset account.
B) a debit to a liability account.
C) a credit to Capital.
D) None of these are correct.
4) Sue's Jewelry sold 25 necklaces for $25 each to a credit customer. The invoice included a 5% provincial sales tax and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. Five necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the payment if it was received after the discount period would include
A) a credit to Cash for $555.00.
B) a debit to Cash for $500.00.
C) a credit to Accounts Receivable for $525.00.
D) a credit to Accounts Receivable for $550.00.
5) The collection of an invoice for $5,000 plus HST of 13% within the 2/10 n/30 discount period was recorded using a 3% discount rather than a 2% discount in both the controlling and subsidiary accounts. This error will cause
A) the net income for the period to be understated.
B) the net income for the period to be overstated.
C) the control account to not agree with the subsidiary ledger.
D) the assets to be overstated.
6) Sales discounts are usually allowed only on
A) credit sales plus GST/HST.
C) credit sales to customers.
D) credit sales plus PST.
Dec 06 2019 View more View Less
Identify the basic design principles that help webpages deliver a powerful message and leave a distinct impression.Jun 21 2021
High in the Rocky Mountains, a biology research team has drained a lake to get rid of all sh. After the lake was refilled, they stocked it with an endangered species of...Apr 14 2020
Complete the following acid-base reactions. Show all valence electrons on the interacting atoms and show by the use of curved arrows the flow of electrons in each reactio...Jun 15 2021
Here is a report from a not-very-efficient BLS survey taker: "There were 65 people in the houses I visited, 10 of them children under 16 and 10 retired; 25 people had ful...Jul 09 2021
1. Open-market operations refer to:A) purchases of stocks in the New York Stock Exchange.B) the purchase or sale of government securities by the Fed.C) central bank lendi...Apr 28 2021
A company is expected to pay a dividend of $0.75 per share next year, and that dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 6.50% per year in the future. The compan...Aug 06 2021
CASE STUDY1.3 –AN INNOVATIVE BUSINESS IDEA – STORY FROM OMANI YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR KhalidAl Suwaid is a 22 years old Omani entrepreneur, who has earned his Bachelor of Inte...Apr 19 2021
Q4: write an expression for the following: 1) The number minus 7 is greater than 4 2) A number times nine is greater than or equal fourteen 3) One more than five times a ...May 04 2021
Calculate the fair present values of the following bonds, all of which pay interest semiannually, have a face value of $1,000, have 12 years remaining to maturity, and ha...May 11 2020
Listing/Short Anser Questions61. hat are the four grapevine patterns??single strain?gossip?probability?cluster62. hat are the three types of grapevine employees??isolates...Jan 24 2020