Creating, recording and posting a credit memorandum for returned sales when PST, GST, or HST is included.
1) Sue's Jewelry sold 25 necklaces for $25 each to a credit customer. The invoice included HST at 13% and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. Five necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the return would include
A) a debit to Sales Returns and Allowances for $141.25.
B) a debit to Sales Returns and Allowances for $125.00.
C) a credit to Sales Tax Payable for $16.25.
D) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $141.25.
2) A credit memorandum decreases which account on the seller's books?
A) Accounts Payable
B) Purchases Returns and Allowances
C) Sales Returns and Allowances
D) Accounts Receivable
3) Use the following information to answer the questions below:
Sales Returns and Allowances900
The Net Sales are ________________.
4) Calculate gross sales:
Net sales = $75,000
HST charged = $14,300
Sales returns and allowances - $15,000
Sales discounts - $20,000
Accounts receivable - $12,000
10.3 Journalizing purchase transactions that include GST or HST in the purchases journal.
1) Secret Trails received payment in full within the credit period for boarding for $800 plus 13% HST. Terms of the sale were 2/10, n/30. Which entry is required to record this transaction?
A) Debit Accounts Receivable, $800; credit Sales, $800
B) Debit Cash, $888; credit Accounts Receivable, $888
C) Debit Cash, $784; credit Sales, $784
D) Debit Cash, $904; credit Sales, $904
2) Sales discounts are not taken on which of the following?
A) HST added
C) Merchandise returned
D) Sales Discounts are not taken on any of the above.
3) Sold Merchandise for Cash subject to a provincial sales tax. This will be recorded with
A) a credit to an asset account.
B) a debit to a liability account.
C) a credit to Capital.
D) None of these are correct.
4) Sue's Jewelry sold 25 necklaces for $25 each to a credit customer. The invoice included a 5% provincial sales tax and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. Five necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the payment if it was received after the discount period would include
A) a credit to Cash for $555.00.
B) a debit to Cash for $500.00.
C) a credit to Accounts Receivable for $525.00.
D) a credit to Accounts Receivable for $550.00.
5) The collection of an invoice for $5,000 plus HST of 13% within the 2/10 n/30 discount period was recorded using a 3% discount rather than a 2% discount in both the controlling and subsidiary accounts. This error will cause
A) the net income for the period to be understated.
B) the net income for the period to be overstated.
C) the control account to not agree with the subsidiary ledger.
D) the assets to be overstated.
6) Sales discounts are usually allowed only on
A) credit sales plus GST/HST.
C) credit sales to customers.
D) credit sales plus PST.
Classifying bank reconciliation items The following items could appear on a bank reconciliation:a. Outstanding checks, $670.b. Deposits in transit, $1,500.c. NSF check fr...Apr 21 2020
Using diaries for many week, a study on the lifestyles of visually impaired students was conducted The student kept track of many lifestyle variable including how many ho...May 02 2020
In a 1999-2000 longitudinal study of youth baseball, researchers found that 31% of 298 young pitchers complained of elbow pain after pitching.(a) Construct a 99% confiden...Aug 01 2020
Locate an article that analyzes social media in terms of online expression, social networking, and community building or citizen journalism.Mar 13 2020
Research aims: The aim of the research is to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing communications over social networks and its impact on organisational brand image whi...Jul 31 2020
What is Kant attempting to prove in the transcendental deduction? Discuss what you see as the main points of his argument?Mar 13 2020
If a 5 HP motor costs $500 five years ago, estimate the cost of a 25 HP motor today.Apr 21 2020
Common Disciplinary Problems ATTENDANCE PROBLEMS • Unexcused absence • Chronic absenteeism • Unexcused/excessive tardiness • Leaving without permission DISHONESTY AND REL...Aug 22 2020
We would like to see how a city's location can help predict its weather. The latitude (in degrees north of the equator) and average January temperature (in degrees Celsiu...Aug 11 2020
Bent shaft ABC is welded to the vertical shaft, which rotates at constant speed Ω. The angle of rotation of the square plate about axis BC is φ, which is an arbitrary fun...Jun 16 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.