Cost Definitions Luisa Giovanni is a student at New York University. To help pay her way through college, Luisa started a dog walking service. She has 12 client dogs—six are walked on the first shift (6:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.), and six are walked on the second shift (7:30 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.). Last month, Luisa noted the following:
1. Purchase of three leashes at $10 each (she carries these with her in case a leash breaks during a walk). 2. Internet service cost of $40 a month. This enables her to keep in touch with the owners, bill them by email, and so on.
3. Dog treats of $50 to reward each dog at the end of each walk.
4. A heavy-duty raincoat and hat for $100.
5. Partway through the month, Luisa’s friend, Jason, offered her a chance to play a bit role in a movie that was shooting on location in New York City. The job paid $100 and would have required Luisa to be on location at 6:00 A.M. and to remain for 12 hours. Regretfully, Luisa turned it down.
6. The dog owners pay Luisa $250 per month per dog for her services.
1. At the end of the month, how would Luisa classify her Internet payment of $40—as a cost on the balance sheet or as an expense on the income statement?
2. Conceptual Connection: Which of the above item is an opportunity cost? Why?
3. What price is charged? What is Luisa’s total revenue for a month?
What is the minimum amount that shareholders should expect to receive in the event of a complete corporate liquidation? A. Market value of equity. B. Book value of equ...Jan 09 2020
Laurel Electronics reported the following information at its annual meeting: The company had cash and marketable securities worth $1,235,455, accounts payables worth $4,1...Aug 16 2020
Design W12 columns for the bent shown in the accompanying figure, with 50 steel. The columns are braced top and bottom against sides way out of the plane of the frame so...May 25 2020
list all the systems in which some component is based on the movement of material across a cell or organelle membrane. list whether the movement is diffusion, osmosis, ac...Mar 25 2020
give detaails abt few application abt all the distributions.Apr 30 2020
You sell one Texas Instruments August 75 call contract for a premium of $8 and sell one Texas Instruments August 75 put contract for a premium of $9. You hold the positio...Aug 10 2020
A machine can operate for an average of 10 weeks before it needs to be overhauled, a process which takes two days. The machine is operated five days a week. Compute the a...Aug 09 2020
The probability of having a recession next year is 30%, and the probability of an expansion is 70%. In a recession, the value of firm X will be 9; in an expansion, 17. Th...Dec 02 2019
Market Equilibrium & Trade Gains! $12,000 $10,000 $8,000- - $6,000 $4,000 $2,000 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 Q Use this Market (Supply & Demand) Graph for WingSuits, for qu...Apr 05 2020
The term ‘ethics’ commonly refers to the rules or principles that define right and wrong conduct. Managers making ethical decisions may belong to any of the three levels ...Dec 21 2017