Cost Definitions Luisa Giovanni is a student at New York University. To help pay her way through college, Luisa started a dog walking service. She has 12 client dogs—six are walked on the first shift (6:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.), and six are walked on the second shift (7:30 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.). Last month, Luisa noted the following:
1. Purchase of three leashes at $10 each (she carries these with her in case a leash breaks during a walk). 2. Internet service cost of $40 a month. This enables her to keep in touch with the owners, bill them by email, and so on.
3. Dog treats of $50 to reward each dog at the end of each walk.
4. A heavy-duty raincoat and hat for $100.
5. Partway through the month, Luisa’s friend, Jason, offered her a chance to play a bit role in a movie that was shooting on location in New York City. The job paid $100 and would have required Luisa to be on location at 6:00 A.M. and to remain for 12 hours. Regretfully, Luisa turned it down.
6. The dog owners pay Luisa $250 per month per dog for her services.
1. At the end of the month, how would Luisa classify her Internet payment of $40—as a cost on the balance sheet or as an expense on the income statement?
2. Conceptual Connection: Which of the above item is an opportunity cost? Why?
3. What price is charged? What is Luisa’s total revenue for a month?
which gland is responsible for turning immature T-cells in to fully mature cells?Aug 09 2020
Which of the following is a dimension of social structure that is particularly important when explaining differences between cultures? A. The average income of the peopl...Jan 11 2020
Microsoft just issued a bond with annual coupons and twenty years to maturity. The bond has a face value of $1,000 and a coupon rate of 10%. If the yield on equivalently ...Sep 06 2020
fill outFour Perspectives FINANCIAL objectives Measures Targets Initiatives "To succeed financially, how should we appear to OUS shareholders? CUSTONER objectives Measure...Aug 17 2020
Determine the forces in members BC, BE, and FE for the truss shownJun 26 2020
Explain how the asset market approach can be used to forecast future spot exchange rates. How does the asset market approach differ from the BOP approach to forecasting?Apr 01 2020
Consider the population of four juvenile condors. Their weights in pounds are : 2, 3, 6,10 Let x be the weight of a juvenile condor. Write the possible unique values for ...Aug 01 2020
Which of the following conditions descriptive a perfectly competitive market?– Many barriers to entry– Firms are price takers-The number of firms is large– Firms’ produc...Mar 17 2020
Kaylor Equipment Rental reported $511 in interest expense. Net income was $493 and the tax rate was 35 percent. What were earnings before interest and taxes?A. $1,004.00 ...Aug 15 2020
We can see the inside of a microwave oven during operation through its glass door, which indicates that visible radiation is escaping the oven. Do you think that the harm...Jul 19 2020