Consumers lose when a market is served by a monopolist to the extent that units of output for which the price consumers are willing to pay exceeds the marginal costs of production are not produced.
73) Although monopoly and perfect competition result in different market outcomes, the fact that firms in both market structures work to maximize their profits ensures that resources are allocated efficiently in both situations.
74) Barriers to entry serve to limit the number of firms that operate in a particular market and, as such, reduce the amount of total profit earned in the market.
75) Because barriers to entry limit the amount of competition in various markets, government policy should be designed to reduce or eliminate such barriers wherever possible.
76) Economies of scale can benefit consumers to the extent that the costs of production incurred by the firms in the industry are lower than they would otherwise be. At the same time, the price-setting power of those firms is increased, which could hurt consumers.
77) Even if production of a good is characterized by economies of scale, consumers of the good would be best served by having a large number of small firms produce the good because of the effects of increased competition.
78) Licensing requirements for doctors, which are intended primarily to maintain the quality of persons who work in the profession, have no the effect on the profits of those individuals because the number of competitors is so large.
79) Patents and copyrights create incentives for individuals to create information that might not be produced otherwise.
80) Efforts by firms to secure patents increase the amount of competition in the affected markets.
81) Patents have become less important than such factors as secrecy, lead time, and increased sales and service efforts as a means to maintain a competitive advantage in the pharmaceutical industry.
A protein molecule is approximately spherical and has a hydrodynamic diameter of 35 μm. What is the translational diffusion coefficient of the protein at 20°C in dilute a...Jun 22 2020
What makes people to undertake research?Aug 24 2020
23. Which of the following expenses reported on Schedule C (page 1) does not need to be substantiated on another form or schedule?a. Car and truck expensesb. Business use...Mar 17 2020
Bruno Corp has decided to expand its operations The bookkeeper recently completed the following statement of financial position in order to obtain additional funds for ex...Mar 22 2020
Lake acquired a controlling interest in Boxwood several years ago. During the current fiscal period, the two companies individually reported the following income (exclusi...Jul 15 2020
The December 31, 2015, balance sheet of Schism, Inc., showed long-term debt of $1,445,000, and the December 31, 2016, balance sheet showed long-term debt of $1,670,000. T...May 19 2018
A company has total assets of $1,000, current liabilities of $130, and long-term debt of $220. The company has no other liabilities. What is the long-term debt ratio?May 19 2018
The essay should present a coherent and cohesive written argument which demonstrates a clear understanding of the requirements of the task, and is further supported by an...Mar 21 2020
For the discrete time function f[n] cos (0.4?? + 25°) (-0.9)"u[n] a.) Sketch the waveform for fIn] vs n. Label the value of the signal for the first 5 nonzero sam- ples. ...Jul 25 2020
What aspects of the schemes described in this case were. (i). Unethical (ii). illegal (iii). Fraudulent?Aug 11 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.