Answer the following questions using the attached state's CAFR.
1. Explain the difference among non-spendable, restricted, committed, assigned, and unassigned fund balances.
2. Explain how the balance sheet for the General Fund is different from the Statement of Net Position of the state you are examining. Provide examples of notable differences.
3. On the Statement of Net Position, in the net position section at the bottom of the statement, explain why the majority of the amounts are listed as “restricted”.
4. On the Cash Flows Statement, is the direct or indirect method being used (per SFAS No. 95)? Does a reconciliation schedule follow the Cash Flows Statement?
5. On the Cash Flows Statement, briefly discuss some of other operating activities (inflows and outflows). For example, if one of the enterprise funds is a lottery, what are the inflows and outflows in the operating area?
6. On the Cash Flows Statement for propriety funds, how does the order of activities reported differ with the order of activities of a for-profit operation?
7. On the Cash Flows Statement, explain how the financing activities section is presented and contrast such reporting with the financing activities’ section of a for-profit operation. Provide specific examples in your response.
8. In the Basic Financial Statement section, what are the specific component units of the state government? What are the financial statements that were prepared? List them.
9. In the Basic Financial Statement section, on what page do the Notes to Financial Statements begin and on what page do they? How many disclosure notes are provided? What is the first disclosure note referred to as? How much debt is the state carrying (see disclosure on debt)?
A low Earth orbit (LEO) satellite system transmits at 1:62 GHz using a 29-dB gain antenna with spot beams directed toward users on the Earth that are a maximum of 1500 km...Jun 22 2020
Lifetime Sports, Inc., uses the LIFO cost-flow assumption to value inventory. It began the current year with 1,000 units of inventory carried at LIFO cost of $50 per uni...Jul 21 2020
Activity-based budgeting. The Jerico store of Jiffy Mart, a chain of small neighborhood convenience stores, is preparing its activity-based budget for January 2018. Jiffy...Jul 19 2020
What is the difference between Perfect Competition and Pure CompetitionApr 12 2020
At an instant when a soccer ball is in contact with the foot of a player kicking it, the horizontal or x component of the ball’s acceleration is 810 m/s2 and the vertical...Apr 02 2020
Individual Comparative Strategic Positioning Map & JustificationAug 08 2020
Conducting Intercompany TransactionsProvide at least 300 words in the solution Include referencesFind information in company footnotes about the intercompany transactionsMar 19 2020
Zero correlation between two variables implies that:A) both variables move in the same direction.B) the variables are not related to each other.C) both variables move in ...Mar 14 2020
Imagine the two situations shown in Figure Q8–12. In cell I, a transient signal induces the synthesis of protein A, which is a transcriptional activator that turns on man...Apr 13 2020
Question 37 Not yet answered Marked out of 1.00 P Flag question Fixed path material handling equipment only can be used in this type of layout. Select one: O Product Layo...Apr 10 2021