|Hide Folder Information|
|Unit 6 Case Study Assignment|
Please read the cases in Chapter 7 – Cultural Intelligence in Action. Answer the following questions in a short answer format, and highlight your answers in yellow. Each question must be answered in at least 3 sentences or more (excluding quotes/references), Times New Roman, 12-point font, and cited in the proper APA format.
CASE STUDY 1: RESISTANCE TO CHANGE
1. What cultural assumptions fuel Victor’s perspective as a leader of a state agency?
2. Where does Victor’s motivation to lead come from?
3. How would you describe Victor’s self-concept and the influence of it on his leadership?
CASE STUDY 2: YOUNG, CONFIDENT, AND MOVING TOO FAST
1. What beliefs and values “root” Joanne and Julia to their self-concepts?
2. What suggestions do you have for Joanne and Julia when working with a person of another generation?
3. How would you suggest Joanne and Julia use the cultural intelligence principles to resolve this intercultural situation?
CASE STUDY 3: BUILDING A MULTICULTURAL TEAM – IS IT WORTH IT?
1. How do you describe Kalia’s self-efficacy?
2. How does Kalia’s self-efficacy impact her leadership?
3. What strategies do you recommend to Kalia to help her improve her cultural intelligence?
4. What suggestions do you have for Kalia in leading her staff to be a culturally intelligent team?
CASE STUDY 4: A NEW LEADERSHIP CULTURE
1. How does Kolab’s self-concept influence her ability to lead?
2. What cultural value dimensions does the organization operate under? What about Kolab?
3. What cultural intelligence strategies do you recommend for Kolab and her employees?
CASE STUDY 5: MARKETING THE RIGHT MESSAGES
1. How can Diane and her employees use the idea of “self-concept” to help them in their work?
2. What cultural value dimensions should Diane and her employees be aware of when working with Hispanic and Asian communities?
CASE STUDY 6: ON OPPOSITE POLITICAL SIDES
1. What values and beliefs shape the behaviors of the sales team?
2. How is Scott’s leadership behavior impacting the team?
3. As Scott’s supervisor, what suggestions or course of actions would you take with Scott?
CASE STUDY 7: FROM HOMETOWN TO GLOBAL VILLAGE
1. What suggestions do you have for Lori as she implements the CI principles in her place of work?
CASE STUDY 8: NO DOGS ALLOWED
1. What does Craig need to help him think through this situation?
2. What is the culture of the library? The culture of librarians at Ellendale?
3. What behaviors can you identify? What can Craig and his management team do differently that will change this behavior?
4. How can Craig and his team use self-efficacy concepts to improve their cultural intelligence?
CASE STUDY 9: FAITH AND HEALTH
1. Using what you know about cultural intelligence, analyze the situation.
2. For each of the five behaviors and needs outlined above, find a strategy, or strategies, to resolve the issues.
3. Determine what your hospital needs to do to ensure patients are addressed with care and compassion.
CASE STUDY 10: AN OLD BOY’S CLUB
1. Using your knowledge about cultural intelligence principles, analyze what you believe is happening in this firm, and then identify three suggestions you have for the leadership of this organization.
Employers worry about disengaged workers, particularly millennials. To boost motivation, companies are introducing gamification. From recruiting to training and developme...Aug 21 2021
Which of the following is usually the best way to obtain documentary evidence?a. Computer-based queries of full-population accounting and other databases.b. A statistical...Aug 14 2021
Marco Polo is in the business of racing boats. For 2016 it has $5,000,000 of taxable income before the following transactions. It has nonrecaptured Sec. 1231 losses of $1...May 14 2021
Gates in the Poe Lock at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, close a channel W=34m wide, L=360m long, and D=10m deep. The geometry of one pair of gates is shown; each gate is hin...May 10 2020
(1 point) Suppose F(x, y) = -ysin(x)i + cos(x)]. (a) Find a vector parametric equation for the parabola y = r2 from the origin to the point (2, 4) using t as a parameter....Apr 14 2021
Variable and absorption costing, explaining operating-income differences. EntertainMe Corporation manufactures and sells 50-inch television sets and uses standard costing...Jul 19 2020
In the context of NTBs, _____ are bureaucratic rules that make it harder to import foreign goods.A. Administrative policiesB. Local content requirementsC. VERsD. deregula...Jun 11 2021
The estimated amount of depreciation on equipment for the current year is $6,880. Journalize the adjusting entry (include an explanation) to record the depreciation.Apr 11 2021
Carbon diselenide (CSe2) is a liquid at room temperature. The normal boiling point is 125oC and the melting point is -45.5oC. Carbon disulfide is also a liquid at room te...Aug 17 2021
a) Calculate the energy of a photon of electromagnetic radiation whose frequency is 2.94 × 1014 s- 1b) Calculate the energy of a photon of radiation whose wavelength is 4...Aug 23 2021