(Calculating free cash flows) At present, Solartech Skateboards is considering expanding its product line to include gas-powered skateboards; however, it is questionable how well they will be received by skateboarders. Although you feel there is a 60 percent chance you will sell 10,000 of these products per year for 10 years (after which time this project is expected to shut down because solar-powered skateboards will become more popular), you also recognize that there is a 20 percent chance that you will only sell 3,000 and also a 20 percent chance you will sell 13,000. The gas skateboards would sell for $100 each and have a variable cost of $40 each. Regardless of how many you sell, the annual fixed costs associated with production would be $160,000. In addition, there would be a $1 million initial expenditure associated with the purchase of new production equipment. It is assumed that this initial expenditure will be depreciated using the simplified straight-line method down to zero over 10 years. Because of the number of stores that will need inventory, the working-capital requirements are the same regardless of the level of sales This project will require a one-time initial investment of $50,000 in net working capital, and working-capital investment will be recovered when the project is shut down. Finally, assume that the firm’s marginal tax rate is 34 percent.
a. What is the initial outlay associated with the project? b. What are the annual free cash flows associated with the project for years 1 through 9 under each sales forecast? What are the expected annual free cash flows for years 1 through 9?
c. What is the terminal cash flow in year 10 (that is, what is the free cash flow in year 10 plus any additional cash flows associated with the termination of the project)?
d. Using the expected free cash flows, what is the project’s NPV given a 10 percent required rate of return? What would the project’s NPV be if 10,000 skateboards were sold?
Pal Corporation acquired 70 percent of the outstanding voting stock of Sal Corporation for $91,000 cash on January 1, 2011, when Sal’s stockholders’ equity was $130,000. ...Jul 11 2020
A teenager is trying to get a driver’s license. Write out the formula for the pdfp(k), where the random vari-x ableXis the number of tries that he needs to pass theroad ...Aug 01 2020
Dillard, Inc. has developed the following standard cost data based on 60,000 direct labor hours, which is 75% of the firm’s capacity.Â Fixed overhead is $360,000 and var...May 22 2020
Suppose the rv X is continuous and has the CDF FX x). Consider another rv Y = FX X). That is, for each sample point ω such that Xωx, we have Yω) = FX x). Show that Y is u...Aug 04 2020
In a study of intraobserver variability in assessing cervical smears, 3325 slides were screened for the presence or absence of abnormal squamous cells. Each slide was sc...Aug 02 2020
write a letter to apply a job in Ngooni supermarket using P.O BOX 328 to work like a person to arrange goods inside the supermarket where there before you were working as...Apr 23 2021
The serum cholesterol levels for 20-24 year old males in the US has mean 180 mg/100ml and standard deviation σ = 46 mg/100ml. We are interested in the mean cholesterol le...Apr 23 2020
Make a graph to display the distribution of doctors per 100,000 people.Write a brief description of the distribution.Are there any outliers?If so, can you explain them.Al...Apr 19 2020
In Taylor's functional organisation, gang boss A. lnspects the quality of work doneB. Issues instructions to workersC. Sets up tools and machines for workD. Comp...Nov 28 2017