Calculating amortization for tax purposes using the Capital Cost Allowance system.
1) Under CCA rules, salvage value is
A) added to the straight-line amortization
B) subtracted from the cost of the asset
D) added to the cost of the asset
2) A tractor costing $80,000 plus HST of 13% is amortized using CCA rules. The tractor qualifies for the 30% rate, and has a scrap value of $20,000. What is the CCA allowed for year 2?
3) According to the capital cost allowance (CCA), what is the amortization rate for computer software?
4) Liverpool Co. purchased a new specialty computer in August 2010. Their fiscal year ends in November each year. This asset cost $5,000 plus HST of 13% and is expected to have a disposal value of $1,000 in three years' time. The computer falls into the new class of assets (for CCA purposes) that has a rate of 55%. What is the maximum CCA amount the company can claim in the first year?
5) For tax purposes, residential real property is written off using the straight-line method under CCA rules.
6) Under CCA rules, furniture is depreciated over five years using the 20% rate.
7) Under capital cost allowance (CCA), automobiles are amortized at a 30% rate.
8) For tax purposes, according to GAAP rules, each company can select the amortization method it wants to use.
9) For tax purposes, the capital cost allowance (CCA) must be charged each year against its taxable income.
10) Only companies that purchase an asset in the last six months of their fiscal year are subject to the half-year rule when computing maximum CCA.
11) A company may deduct as much CCA as they choose, up to the maximum allowed for a given year.
12) Some smaller companies may choose to use the CCA method for accounting purposes.
13) Two methods that ignore the salvage value are ________ and ________.
14) For tax purposes, ________ establishes the guidelines and the percentages for amortization.
a) The table below lists the different recruitment channels used by an airport terminal for recruiting staff for its various positions in the 3rd quarter of 2019. Analyse...Aug 23 2020
If Joe views four candy bars and one piece of cake as perfect substitutes, what is his marginal rate of substitution between candy bars and cake? If cake is measured on t...Apr 01 2020
Distinguish between what is meant by business failure and audit failure.Aug 28 2020
Match each structure with its descriptions.radulaa. internal skeletonexoskeletonb. external skeletonendoskeleton c. stinging cell of cnidarianscnidocyte d. excretory orga...Jun 06 2021
Calculate the entropy change in J K-1 for heating 1 mole of He gas (CPm = 20.88 J K-1 mol-1 ) from 300 K to 400 K at constant pressure2.Calculate the entropy change when ...Jun 10 2020
Which of the following is usually the hardest fraud to detect?a. Liability fraud.b. Revenue fraud.c. Asset fraud.d. Disclosure fraud.Aug 17 2021
A carbonated beverage has some amount of the weak acid, citric acid. If hydrogen ion concentration is , what is the of the beverage?Aug 17 2021
Evaluate the line integral of f(x,y) along the curve C:f(x,y)=y+x, C: x^2 + y^2 = 36 in the first quadrant from (6,0)to (0,6)The answer is 72. Can you work this problem o...Aug 22 2021
.If scalpers were to charge exactly face value for tickets to a sold-out event, there would beA)more tickets traded in the market for scalped tickets.B)fewer tickets trad...Dec 05 2019
Production possibility units of Y Units of X Oppoerunity cost of 1 more unit of X a ...Apr 26 2018