Calculating amortization for tax purposes using the Capital Cost Allowance system.
1) Under CCA rules, salvage value is
A) added to the straight-line amortization
B) subtracted from the cost of the asset
D) added to the cost of the asset
2) A tractor costing $80,000 plus HST of 13% is amortized using CCA rules. The tractor qualifies for the 30% rate, and has a scrap value of $20,000. What is the CCA allowed for year 2?
3) According to the capital cost allowance (CCA), what is the amortization rate for computer software?
4) Liverpool Co. purchased a new specialty computer in August 2010. Their fiscal year ends in November each year. This asset cost $5,000 plus HST of 13% and is expected to have a disposal value of $1,000 in three years' time. The computer falls into the new class of assets (for CCA purposes) that has a rate of 55%. What is the maximum CCA amount the company can claim in the first year?
5) For tax purposes, residential real property is written off using the straight-line method under CCA rules.
6) Under CCA rules, furniture is depreciated over five years using the 20% rate.
7) Under capital cost allowance (CCA), automobiles are amortized at a 30% rate.
8) For tax purposes, according to GAAP rules, each company can select the amortization method it wants to use.
9) For tax purposes, the capital cost allowance (CCA) must be charged each year against its taxable income.
10) Only companies that purchase an asset in the last six months of their fiscal year are subject to the half-year rule when computing maximum CCA.
11) A company may deduct as much CCA as they choose, up to the maximum allowed for a given year.
12) Some smaller companies may choose to use the CCA method for accounting purposes.
13) Two methods that ignore the salvage value are ________ and ________.
14) For tax purposes, ________ establishes the guidelines and the percentages for amortization.
Discuss why e-commerce raises ethical, social and political issues and give examples for each of these three issues.Feb 06 2020
If you were on the recruiting team to find a new CEO for a company where the board mandate was to focus on embedding innovation into the DNA of the company, what attribu...Aug 28 2020
The actual tracking weight of a stereo cartridge that is set to track at 3 g on a particular changer can be regarded as a continuous rv X with the following pdf. f(x) = k...Apr 25 2020
The normal boiling point of hexane is 69.0°C. Estimate (a) Its enthalpy of vaporization and (b) Its vapour pressure at 25°C and 60°C.Apr 01 2020
This question asks you to recall what you know about how we study the choices of individual consumers. We will focus on an American tourist consumer in Tehran who must de...May 04 2020
When computing earnings per share on common stock, dividends on cumulative, nonconvertible preferred stock should be: A. deducted from net income only if the dividends w...May 10 2020
How transformational leadership styles influence follower's behavior? (at least 300 words with your own words)Aug 24 2020
You are thinking of setting up a lemonade stand. The stand itself costs $200. The ingredients for each cup of lemomade cost $0.50. You charge $1.00 for each cup of lemona...Apr 15 2020
Solve (3x+2)^2 y" +3(3x_2)y'-36y = 3x^2+4x+1 >Aug 07 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.