Bunker Company negotiated a lease with Gilbreth Company that begins on January 1, 2014. The lease term is three years, and the asset’s economic life is four years. The annual lease payments are $7,500, payable at the end of the year. The cost and fair value of the asset are $23,000. The lessee’s cost of borrowing is 9%.
1. Determine whether Bunker must treat this lease as an operating lease or a capital lease.
2. Prepare an amortization table for the lease.
3. Prepare Bunker’s journal entries for the first two years of the lease.
4. Assume that all facts remain the same except that the asset’s useful life is six years. Is this an operating lease or a capital lease? Prepare journal entries for the first two years of the lease.
5. Compare the financial statement effects of the lease treatment you selected in requirement 3 with the financial statement effects of the treatment you selected in requirement 4. Specifically, compare the effects on assets, liabilities, and equity under the two alternative sets of assumptions as of December 31, 2014, immediately after the first lease payment is made.
TRUE/FALSE QUESTIONS1.The manager described as a bureaucrat utilizes an approach that is tyrannical.2.In large police departments, the reward power of the chief executive...Jan 11 2020
1) Phil Armonic is actively engaged in the oil businessand owns numerous oil leases in the Southwest. During 2017, he madeseveral trips to inspect oil wells on the leases...Jun 06 2021
What is true about preferred stocks?a) Preferred stock is debt.b) Preferred stock is the same as common stock.c) Preferred stocks usually do not have votes.d) The preferr...May 11 2021
An emergency service wishes to see whether there a relationship exists between the outside temperature and the number of emergency calls it receives. The data is shown be...Apr 11 2020
Characteristics of a rockfall . Refer to the Environmental Geology (Vol. 58, 2009) study of how far a block from a collapsing rock wall will bounce, Exercise 2.59 (p. 57)...Aug 07 2020
Several Lewis structures can be written for the perbromate ion, BrO4, the central Br with all single Br-O bonds, or with one, two, or three Br=O double bonds. Draw the Le...Jul 23 2021
Timothy Martinez, owner of Koenig & Vits, Inc. (K&V), guaranteed K&V's debt to Community Bank & Trust. The guaranty stated that the bank was not required to seek payment ...Aug 19 2021
Can I get question number 15 in Ch 7 Review because I didn't gotit.Aug 21 2021
According to a 2010 study by economists Angus Deaton and Nobel Prize winner and psychologist Daniel Kahnerman, “High incomes doesn’t bring you happiness . . . . [T]he fur...May 12 2020
Benefits of managing discounts Saunders Company has recently become aware of the large total discounts on its orders and would like to know the impact on profit. The comp...Jul 01 2020