Branson Co. received its bank statement for the month ending May 31, 2009, and reconciled the statement balance to the May 31, 2009, balance in the Cash account.
The reconciled balance was determined to be $18,600. The reconciliation recognized the following items:
1. A deposit made on May 31 for $10,200 was included in the Cash account balance but not in the bank statement balance.
2. Checks issued but not returned with the bank statement were No.673 for $2,940 and No. 687 for $5,100.
3. Bank service charges shown as a deduction on the bank statement were $240.
4. Interest credited to Branson Co.'s account but not recorded onthe company's books amounted to $144.
5. Returned with the bank statement was a "debit memo" stating that a customer's check for $1,920 that had been deposited on May 23 had been returned because the customer's account was over drawn.
6. During a review of the checks that were returned with the bank statement, it was noted that the amount of check No. 681 was $960 but that in the company's records supporting the Cash account balance, the check had been erroneously recorded in the amount of$96.
(a) What was the balance in Branson Co.'s Cash account before recognizing any of these reconciling items? (Omit the "$" sign inyour response.)
Balance per Cash account before reconciliation $
(b) What was the balance shown on the bank statement before recognizing any of these reconciling items? (Omit the "$" sign inyour response.)
Balance per bank before reconciliation $
A truffle is an example of a ________.a. sporeb. lichenc. mycorrhizal fungusd. plant pathogenJul 07 2021
When Apple raised the price of iTunes from 99¢ to $ 1.29, GS Boyz’s “ Stanky Legg” sales dropped from 22,686 units to 19,692 units (Glenn Peoples, “ iTunes Price Change...Mar 28 2020
1. What criteria should be used to determine potential laid-off candidates? What emphasis, if any, should be given to non-job-related factors such as personal problems or...Jun 03 2020
Steven and Joe are roommates in a cramped apartment, and they're increasingly getting on each otherAc€?cs' nerves. Steven is vegan, a smoker, and extremely hygienic. Joe ...May 16 2020
Mike and Sarah are evaluating two funds in which to invest. FundA had a 17% compound annual return with 17% annual volatility,while fund B had a 14% compound annual retur...May 20 2021
Carlos Del Rey decided to open a Mexican fast-food restaurant and signed a franchise contract with a national chain called La Grande Enchilada. The contract required the ...Jul 07 2021
Calculate 11.622 – )as, where S is the surface with parameterization f(u, v) = (v, u? + v?, 1), O SUMay 15 2021
You want to borrow $95,000 from your local bank to buy a new sailboat. You can afford to make monthly payments of $1,950, but no more. Assuming monthly compounding, what ...May 21 2020
Insert necessary commas. In the space provided, indicate briefly the reason for each comma. For example, write series, parenthetical, direct address, date, address, essen...Jul 10 2021
If sales of CD players increase from 10,000 to 14,000 per month as per capita income increases from Rs. 15,000 to Rs.20,000, which of the following is true? [A]Demand fo...Jan 12 2018