Branson Co. received its bank statement for the month ending May 31, 2009, and reconciled the statement balance to the May 31, 2009, balance in the Cash account.
The reconciled balance was determined to be $18,600. The reconciliation recognized the following items:
1. A deposit made on May 31 for $10,200 was included in the Cash account balance but not in the bank statement balance.
2. Checks issued but not returned with the bank statement were No.673 for $2,940 and No. 687 for $5,100.
3. Bank service charges shown as a deduction on the bank statement were $240.
4. Interest credited to Branson Co.'s account but not recorded onthe company's books amounted to $144.
5. Returned with the bank statement was a "debit memo" stating that a customer's check for $1,920 that had been deposited on May 23 had been returned because the customer's account was over drawn.
6. During a review of the checks that were returned with the bank statement, it was noted that the amount of check No. 681 was $960 but that in the company's records supporting the Cash account balance, the check had been erroneously recorded in the amount of$96.
(a) What was the balance in Branson Co.'s Cash account before recognizing any of these reconciling items? (Omit the "$" sign inyour response.)
Balance per Cash account before reconciliation $
(b) What was the balance shown on the bank statement before recognizing any of these reconciling items? (Omit the "$" sign inyour response.)
Balance per bank before reconciliation $
On Juan’s 26th birthday, he deposited $9,000 in a retirement account. Each year thereafter, he deposited $1,000 more than the previous year. Using a gradient series facto...Apr 02 2020
In Section 9.1, Faraday’s law was used to show that the field results from the changing magnetic field (a) Show that these fields do not satisfy Maxwell’s other curl equ...Jun 14 2020
The audiology department at Randall Clinic offers many services to the clinic's patients. The three most common, along with cost and utilization data, are as follows: Wha...Apr 15 2020
A matrix structure is a type of departmentalization that superimposes a horizontal set of divisional reporting relationships into a hierarchical functional structure. The...Apr 03 2018
The diagram below represents the market for butter. Refer to Figure 5-1. The equilibrium price of butter is: $5. $3. $2. $I. 50 cents. Refer to Figure 5-1. If the current...May 18 2018
6104MECH and 6365ELE Industrial Management Question B.3 a) The following information is available in relation to two projects Year و نه يم لا Project A (5,000) 2.500 1.00...Aug 08 2020
51) Relaxation breathing focuses on which muscles?A) chestB) abdominalC) backD) mouth52) A stress management technique that identifies muscular tension and releases it on...Jan 09 2020
Can anyone help me out? Additional Requirements Min Pages: 7 Level of Detail: Only answer needed Other Requirements: I need help from the Analyze T test section to the co...Aug 04 2020
In heat treating to harden steel ball bearings (c = 500 J/kg* K, rho = 7800 kg/m3, k = 50W/m*K), it is desirable to increase the surface temperature for a short time with...May 08 2020
Case Study Stage 1 Project Business Environment AnalysisAnalyze the business environment and identify a strategic area for improvement (Stage 1)"I know you would like for...Jul 27 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.