Before participating in the Discussion, you are encouraged (but not required) to complete
Note: Before participating in the Discussion, you are encouraged (but not required) to complete Exercise 13.11 (Ozcan, p. 358), which is one of the required exercises this week. The scenario in that exercise forms the basis of this Discussion, and concerns a hospital’s plan to add a new, $60-million patient tower.Prepare for this Discussion by reviewing the scenario in Exercise 13.11 and addressing the following:
- Consider the challenges involved in project management of a construction project of this magnitude. What are some of the most significant challenges you would anticipate from managing this project?
- Which management tools or methods described in Chapter 13 of Quantitative Methods and in other readings in the course might be useful in addressing these challenges, and why?
Post by Day 4 a response to the following:
- Identify 2–3 key challenges you would anticipate in managing this major construction project.
- Which management tools and methods described in this and previous weeks' Learning Resources would be most appropriate to use in addressing these challenges? Provide a rationale for your assertions.
Read a selection of your colleagues' postings.
Respond by Day 6 to at least one of your colleagues' postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.Expand on the colleague’s posting with additional insight and resources.
- Offer polite disagreement or critique, supported with evidence.
In addition to, but not in place of the above, you may:
- Offer and support an opinion.Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion or comment that guides or facilitates the Discussion.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made. No posting is required.
Reply Quote Email Author