Because encryption keys can get lost or destroyed, a copy of the key should be stored with a trusted third party. This safety procedure is sometimes called ________.
A) key escrow
B) white hat
C) key encryption
D) biometric authentication
32) Which of the following is an example of a data safeguard?
A) application design
B) dissemination of information
C) physical security
D) malware protection
33) Which of the following statements is true regarding position sensitivity?
A) It is a type of data safeguard.
B) It enables security personnel to prioritize their activities in accordance with the possible risk and loss.
C) It is documented only for high-sensitivity positions.
D) It applies to new employees only.
34) Enforcement of security procedures and policies consists of three interdependent factors: ________.
A) centralized reporting, preparation, and practice
B) account administration, systems procedures, and security monitoring
C) separation of duties, least privilege, and position sensitivity
D) responsibility, accountability, and compliance
35) In terms of password management, when an account is created, users should ________.
A) create two passwords and switch back and forth between those two
B) immediately change the password they are given to a password of their own
C) maintain the same password they are given for all future authentication purposes
D) ensure that they do not change their passwords frequently, thereby reducing the risk of password loss
36) Typically, a help-desk information system has answers to questions that only a true user would know, such as the user's birthplace, mother's maiden name, or last four digits of an important account number. This information ________.
A) allows help-desk representatives to create new passwords for users
B) reduces the strength of the security system
C) protects the anonymity of a user
D) helps authenticate a user
37) Activity log analysis is an important ________ function.
A) account administration
B) security monitoring
D) data administration
38) ________ are remote processing centers run by commercial disaster-recovery services.
A) Cold sites
B) Web browsers
C) Hot sites
D) Backup centres
39) Every organization should have a(n) ________ as part of the security program, which should include how employees are to react to security problems, whom they should contact, the reports they should make, and steps they can take to reduce further loss.
A) key escrow
B) smart card
C) human safeguard plan
D) incident-response plan
40) Which of the following is true regarding an incident-response plan?
A) The plan should provide decentralized reporting of all security incidents.
B) The plan should require minimal training on the part of employees.
C) The plan should identify critical personnel and their off-hours contact information.
D) The plan should be simple enough to ensure a fast response with limited practice.
Why do senior executives feel more comfortable relying on quantitative data than qualitative data? How might a qualitative research company lessen the senior-level execut...Apr 29 2020
For the Billy’s Bank situation in Problems, the salary and benefits for a teller would be $12 per hour. The bank is open 8 hours each day. It has been estimated that the...Aug 05 2020
The Delacroix Inn in Alexandria is a small exclusive hotel with 20 rooms. Guests can call housekeeping from 8:00 a.m. to midnight for any of their service needs. Housekee...Aug 05 2020
DNA polymerase uses a nucleoside triphosphate, bearing phosphates on the 5' carbon to form a phosphodiester linkage to the free 3' hydroxyl group on the end of the DNA st...Mar 14 2018
X Corp wants to earn an effective annual rate on its consumerâs loan of 17% per year. The bank used daily compounding on its loans. What interest rate is the bank requi...Jul 12 2021
Estimate per share value of Handbook. Write steps in calculations and then perform the calculation.(I'm skipping the paragraph which is available in the full document)May 29 2020
Nancy takes out a 31-year loan of $700,000 today. The bank charges interest at 3.9% p.a. compounded monthly. Nancy makes equal month-end payments starting in one month’s ...Apr 11 2021
Which of the following changes occur to the nucleus when a heavy element undergoes alpha particle emission?A)Only the number of neutrons decreases.B)Only the number of pr...Jan 24 2020
BRIEFLY EXPLAIN WHETHER EACH OF THE FOLLOWING IS PRIMARILY A MICROECONOMIC ISSUE OR A MACROECONOMIC ISSUE. 1. The effect of higher cigarette taxes on the quantity of c...May 22 2018
Stress on women both inside and outside the work organization is a huge challenge." Discuss. >May 30 2020