Bank statements show all the following EXCEPT
A) deposits received and cheques paid.
B) the beginning and ending balances shown on the bank's records.
C) the beginning and ending balances shown on the depositor's general ledger.
D) items debited and credited to the chequing account.
32) When a cheque is presented for payment, the bank will
A) credit the depositor's account.
B) hold the cheque until deposits are cleared.
C) debit the depositor's account
D) print more cheques for the depositor's use.
33) Deposits not yet added into the bank balance are called
A) deposits in transit.
B) late deposits.
C) deposits on hold.
D) outstanding deposits.
34) If a business deposits a customer's cheque and later learns that it is an insufficient funds cheque, the
A) bank will try to collect the amount.
B) chequebook balance will be less than the bank balance.
C) business will receive a credit memorandum from the bank.
D) business will receive a debit memorandum from the bank.
35) When reconciling the ending bank balance per the company records to the correct adjusted bank balance, outstanding cheques are
A) subtracted from the company's records balance.
B) added to the company's records balance.
C) added to the bank statement balance.
D) subtracted from the bank statement balance.
36) Calculate from the following information accumulated by Linda Lee the adjusted bank balance at the end of August 2013.
Bank statement ending cash balance $2,500
General ledger cash balance ending 2,750
Bank monthly service charge 20
Deposits in transit 1,400
Outstanding cheques 1,235
NSF cheque returned with bank statement65
37) Compute the adjusted bank balance on May 31, 2012, from the following information:
Chequebook balance on May 31$7,200
Outstanding cheques 500
NSF cheque returned100
Deposits in transit 250
Note collected by bank250
38) Which of the following bank reconciliation items would be reflected in a general journal entry?
A) Outstanding cheques
B) Deposits in transit
C) The bank incorrectly charges another company's cheque to your account
D) The bank service charges for the period
39) Information on the Maritime Mining Company bank reconciliation included the following items:
Bank service charges $ 20
Deposits in transit 700
Outstanding cheques 600
The journal entry to record the above items would include a
A) credit to the Cash account for $20.
B) debit to the Cash account for $20.
C) debit to the Cash account for $720.
D) credit to the Cash account for $600.
40) Which of the following would not be shown on the bank statement?
A) Bank service charge
B) Deposit in transit
C) Cancelled cheques
D) NSF cheque
41) The August bank statement for Jenn's Nursing Service shows a balance of $8,900, but the balance per the books shows a cash balance of $8,310. Other information includes:
1. A cheque for $10 was recorded on the books as $100.
2. Included on the bank statement was a note collected by the bank for $600 plus $40 interest.
3. Cheques outstanding totalled $480.
4. Bank service charges were $20.
5. Deposits in transit were $600.
The adjusted cash balance at the end of August should be
A hole 89 mm in diameter is to be drilled and bored through a piece of 1340 steel that is 200 mm long, using a horizontal boring, drilling, and milling machine. High-spee...Jul 01 2020
how to slove this Question 14 0.6/0.6 pts Suppose that you borrow $1,000 at an interest rate of 6%. You expect the inflation rate to be 2% next year. What is the real int...Jan 05 2020
Which of the following bonds would be likely to exhibit a greater degree of interest rate risk? A. A zero-coupon bond with 20 years until maturity B. A coupon-paying b...Jan 09 2020
Consider a firm with an EBIT of $1,019,000. The firm finances its assets with $4,880,000 debt (costing 7.9 percent) and 219,000 shares of stock selling at $16.00 per shar...Apr 11 2020
In addition to the digital display, the manometer described in the previous problem has an analog voltage output that is proportional to the sensed differential pressure ...Jul 26 2020
If the yield curve suddenly becomes steeper, how would you revise your predictions of interest rates in thefuture?May 26 2020
Consider the following five monthly? returns:0.080.010.070.110.02a. Calculate the arithmetic average monthly return over this period.b. Calculate the geometric average mo...Apr 11 2020
Clients enter a tax preparer’s office at an average rate of 11 per hour. They enter randomly and independently of one another. Express answers in 4 decimal places. Expres...Apr 16 2020
a. calulate the equivalent units for the forming department for the month of August. Â·direct materials Â·conversion b. find the cost per equivalent unit of input re...Aug 26 2020
Low-density phenomena in compressible tube flow2,3 (Fig. 2B.9). As the pressure is decreased in the system studied in Example 2.3-2, deviations from Eqs. 2.3-28 and 2.3-2...Jul 24 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.