Bank statements show all the following EXCEPT
A) deposits received and cheques paid.
B) the beginning and ending balances shown on the bank's records.
C) the beginning and ending balances shown on the depositor's general ledger.
D) items debited and credited to the chequing account.
32) When a cheque is presented for payment, the bank will
A) credit the depositor's account.
B) hold the cheque until deposits are cleared.
C) debit the depositor's account
D) print more cheques for the depositor's use.
33) Deposits not yet added into the bank balance are called
A) deposits in transit.
B) late deposits.
C) deposits on hold.
D) outstanding deposits.
34) If a business deposits a customer's cheque and later learns that it is an insufficient funds cheque, the
A) bank will try to collect the amount.
B) chequebook balance will be less than the bank balance.
C) business will receive a credit memorandum from the bank.
D) business will receive a debit memorandum from the bank.
35) When reconciling the ending bank balance per the company records to the correct adjusted bank balance, outstanding cheques are
A) subtracted from the company's records balance.
B) added to the company's records balance.
C) added to the bank statement balance.
D) subtracted from the bank statement balance.
36) Calculate from the following information accumulated by Linda Lee the adjusted bank balance at the end of August 2013.
Bank statement ending cash balance $2,500
General ledger cash balance ending 2,750
Bank monthly service charge 20
Deposits in transit 1,400
Outstanding cheques 1,235
NSF cheque returned with bank statement65
37) Compute the adjusted bank balance on May 31, 2012, from the following information:
Chequebook balance on May 31$7,200
Outstanding cheques 500
NSF cheque returned100
Deposits in transit 250
Note collected by bank250
38) Which of the following bank reconciliation items would be reflected in a general journal entry?
A) Outstanding cheques
B) Deposits in transit
C) The bank incorrectly charges another company's cheque to your account
D) The bank service charges for the period
39) Information on the Maritime Mining Company bank reconciliation included the following items:
Bank service charges $ 20
Deposits in transit 700
Outstanding cheques 600
The journal entry to record the above items would include a
A) credit to the Cash account for $20.
B) debit to the Cash account for $20.
C) debit to the Cash account for $720.
D) credit to the Cash account for $600.
40) Which of the following would not be shown on the bank statement?
A) Bank service charge
B) Deposit in transit
C) Cancelled cheques
D) NSF cheque
41) The August bank statement for Jenn's Nursing Service shows a balance of $8,900, but the balance per the books shows a cash balance of $8,310. Other information includes:
1. A cheque for $10 was recorded on the books as $100.
2. Included on the bank statement was a note collected by the bank for $600 plus $40 interest.
3. Cheques outstanding totalled $480.
4. Bank service charges were $20.
5. Deposits in transit were $600.
The adjusted cash balance at the end of August should be
Verifying a Formula In Exercises 49-54, verify the integration formula.Jul 26 2021
Date: To: SeeMoji Staff From: Subject: Proofread! Your all suppose proofread emails, letters and memos before sending them out, but that hasn't been happening. We've disc...Aug 27 2020
Oversight of expensive or unproven servicesNov 30 2017
Can the extravagance and costs, both of currency and lives, be justified in the opulent architecture commissioned by "divinely empowered" individuals of ancient cultures?...Aug 24 2020
Mike goes to the market and hagglefor for a price that is less than the vendors cost. This is an example of _________ negotiating.a. win-loseb. westernc. Maximald. all of...Apr 26 2021
In cichlid fish, the transformation from subordinate to dominant phenotype ________.a. involves epigenetic changesb. depends on dietc. occurs over several yearsd. is an e...Jul 05 2021
Suppose domestic inflation is positive (pi > 0), foreign inflation is zero (pi* = 0), and the central bank is operating a fixed exchange rate (%delta e = 0). What, if any...Jul 04 2021
Catherine Bosley worked as a television news anchor for WKBN Channel 27 in Youngstown, Ohio. While on vacation with her husband in Florida she participated in a "wet t-sh...Aug 11 2021
Fern Schimke's husband, Norbert, was obligated on two promissory notes in favor of Union National Bank. Some time prior to his death, Union National Bank prepared a guara...Aug 07 2021
Write Lewis formulas for the following ions:(a) IBr2(b) ClF2(c) CNJul 26 2021