Automation of a process activity consists of moving work from the ________ to the ________ of the symmetrical five-component framework.
A) computer side; human side
B) data side; procedures side
C) human side; computer side
D) software side; hardware side
22) Information is defined as ________.
A) recorded facts and figures
B) data that fits into organizational requirements
C) sufficient raw data for decision making
D) knowledge derived from data
23) John Reed examines the stature of each of his team members on the school basketball team. He finds that the average height of the players is 6 feet 3 inches. John's finding is an example of ________.
24) ________ is defined as recorded facts or figures.
25) The fact that Jeff Parks works 9 hours per day is an example of ________.
A) a repository
B) a database
26) Which of the following is a characteristic of good information?
A) It must be freely available.
B) It must be more than just barely sufficient.
C) It must be based on incomplete data.
D) It must be contextually relevant.
27) As the CEO of a call center, which of the following information is good information for you?
A) hourly variances of performance parameters in each queue
B) daily reports of call abandons due to system downtime
C) lists of stationery usage consolidated weekly
D) department-level averages of revenue generation figures
28) ________ information is information that directly pertains to both the context and to the subject it references.
29) Which of the following refers to information that is based on correct and complete data, and has been processed correctly as expected?
A) relevant information
B) measurable information
C) accurate information
D) timely information
30) A monthly report that arrives 6 weeks late is an example of information that is not ________.
31) Which of the following is true regarding characteristics of good information?
A) Information needs to be more than just barely sufficient for the purpose for which it is generated.
B) Information must hold an appropriate relationship between its cost and its value.
C) Information that is accurate can be based on incomplete data.
D) Information must be just recorded facts and figures.
32) Which of the following is NOT true about information in business processes?
A) Data is a stimulus; information is a response to that stimulus.
B) Information systems provide labor savings.
C) Data stored in databases and other repositories can readily be processed to produce information.
D) The quality of your thinking does not influence the quality of the information system you use.
33) ________ is the perceived difference between what is and what ought to be.
A) A problem
B) Egocentric thinking
C) Empathetic thinking
34) ________ thinking centers on the self.
35) People who engage in ________ thinking consider their view as one possible interpretation of the situation and actively work to learn what other people are thinking.
Review the codes of ethics and create your professional development planMar 21 2020
Monopoly firms manage to earn positive profits, even in the long run becausea. it produces a homogeneous product.b. it is the only firm that wishes to produce the product...Jun 09 2021
what is the heat of vaporization of mercury?Jul 21 2021
what are the names of common iodine polyatomic ions?Jun 28 2021
Describe at least two actions a manager can take to protect her- or himself and the organization she or he represents from a tort lawsuit.May 30 2018
Your client is 40 years old. She wants to begin saving for retirement with the first payment to come one year from now. She can save $5,000 per year, and you advise her t...May 29 2018
A project has following estimated data: Price - S60 per unit; variable cost - $30 per unit: Fixed cost-$100,000, Company has borrowings of $100,000 at a rate of 10% Calcu...Apr 04 2021
A sample of argon gas at 1atm pressure and 27 0c expandsDocument Preview:Thermodynamics – Question - 1 a sample of argon gas at 1 atm pressure and 27 oc expands reversibl...Jun 10 2020
Figure P1–9 shows a plot of the net positive charge flowing in a wire versus time. Sketch the corresponding current during the same period of time. >Jul 28 2020
For the following problem:QD = 650 – 4P – 0004M + 4PRwhere P is the price of widgets, M is income, and PR is the price of a related (fictional) good, the widget Supply of...Mar 17 2020