Aurora Company is considering the purchase of a new machine. The invoice price of the machine is $140,000, freight charges are estimated to be $4,000, and installation costs are expected to be $6,000. Salvage value of the new equipment is expected to be zero after a useful life of 5 years. Existing equipment could be retained and used for an additional 5 years if the new machine is not purchased. At that time, the salvage value of the equipment would be zero. If the new machine is purchased now, the existing machine would have to be scrapped. Aurora’s accountant, Lisah Huang, has accumulated the following data regarding annual sales and expenses with and without the new machine.
1. Without the new machine, Aurora can sell 12,000 units of product annually at a per unit selling price of $100. If the new machine is purchased, the number of units produced and sold would increase by 10%, and the selling price would remain the same.
2. The new machine is faster than the old machine, and it is more efficient in its usage of materials. With the old machine the gross profit rate will be 25% of sales, whereas the rate will be 30% of sales with the new machine.
3. Annual selling expenses are $180,000 with the current equipment. Because the new equipment would produce a greater number of units to be sold, annual selling expenses are expected to increase by 10% if it is purchased.
4. Annual administrative expenses are expected to be $100,000 with the old machine, and $113,000 with the new machine.
5. The current book value of the existing machine is $36,000. Aurora uses straight-line depreciation.
Interest Rate: 4% each yearStarting Balance: $120,000Time Passed: 15 yearsRound all answers to the nearest dollar (no cents, no dollar sign, use commas where appropriate)...Dec 04 2019
Using the point method and the four basic factor categories develop a job evaluation system for the eastern provincial university case in the appendix(page 493-500).Then ...May 04 2020
Suppose that the Faraday concentric sphere experiment is performed in free space using a central charge at the origin, Q1, and with hemispheres of radius a. A second char...Jun 14 2020
The file P08_77.xlsx contains data on 856 customers who have either tried or not tried a company’s new frozen lasagna dinner. (This data set was used in Example 3.5 in Ch...May 07 2020
Problems with IRR. Howell Petroleum, Inc., is trying to evaluate a generation project with the following cash flows:a. If the company requires a return of 10 percen...May 25 2020
Consider a small exchange economy with two consumers, Astrid and Birger, and two commodities, herring and cheese. Astrid’s initial endowment is 4 units of herring and 1 u...Apr 09 2020
There are two competing companies in the car sector, say Suzuki and Nissan, that have chosen to offer a new car model. Each should decide whether to offer payment facilit...Mar 25 2020
Part 1: A pentagonal number is defined as n(3n-1)/2 for n = 1, 2, 3, … and so on. So, the first few numbers are 1, 5, 12, 22, … Write the following method that returns a...Apr 18 2020
The conjugate acid of H2PO4 is:A) HPO42 B) H2PO3 C) H3PO4 D) PO43 E) H3PO332. The conjugate base of H2PO4 is:A) HPO42 B) H2PO3 C) ...Jan 24 2020
Methanol (CH3OH) is synthesized from carbon monoxide and hydrogen in a catalytic reactor. 100 mol/h of fresh feed is fed to the process, containing 32.0 mol% CO, 64.0 % H...Aug 08 2020