As discussed in the chapter, abnormal earnings (AE) are
where NOPAT is the firm’s net operating profit after taxes, r is the cost of equity capital, and BVt21 is the book value of equity at time t 21.
Solve the following problems:
1. If NOPAT is $5,000, r 5 15%, and BVt21 is $50,000, what is AE?
2. If NOPAT is $25,000, r 5 18%, and BVt21 is $125,000, what is AE?
3. Assume the firm in requirement 2 can increase NOPAT to $30,000 by instituting some cost-cutting measures. What is the new AE?
4. Assume the firm in requirement 2 can divest $25,000 of unproductive capital with NOPAT falling by only $2,000. What is the new AE?
5. Assume the firm in requirement 2 can add a new division at a cost of $40,000, which will increase NOPAT by $7,600 per year. Would adding the new division increase AE?
6. Assume the firm in requirement 1 can add a new division at a cost of $25,000, which will increase NOPAT by $3,500 per year. Would adding the new division increase AE?
Use the graph to answer the question. What is the amount of government revenue after the government imposes the excise tax on the market?a. $486b. $144c. $162d. $540Jun 02 2021
A patient in a hospital receives poker chips for making her bed, being punctual at meal times, and maintaining her physical appearance. The poker chips can be exchanged f...Mar 25 2020
Outcomes and assessment requirements Outcomes Assessment requirements On successful completion of this unit a learner will: Understand the effects of licensing legi...May 28 2020
Exit Polls During the last presidential election, CNN conducted an exit poll in which specific polling stations were randomly selected and all voters were surveyed as th...May 17 2021
Green Thumb Garden Tools Inc. produces and sells home and garden tools and equipment. A lawnmower has a total cost of $230 per unit, of which $160 is product cost and $70...May 15 2021
Which of the following is the primary strength of the matrix structure?[A]Economies of scale and the ability to coordinate interdependent projects [B]Propensity to foste...Jan 10 2018
If monopolistically competitive firms are making positive economic profits, then new firms would a make demand more inelastic. b charge higher prices. c begin to enter th...Apr 21 2020
The micrograph to the left shows cells from the lining of an airway leading to the lungs. The gold cells are ciliated and the darker brown ones secrete mucus. What type o...Jul 06 2021
In the F2 generation, the 3:1 ratio is really a disguised (A) 1:2:1 (B) 2:1:1 (C) 1:1:2 (D) 4:0 (E) 4:1Mar 14 2018
When is uncollectible accounts expense recognized if the direct write-off method is used? 104.How do the percent of revenue method and the percent of receivables meth...Jan 25 2020