Answer all the following What are the key elements of TOMS shoes competitive strategy Is the strategy best described as low cost, differentiation
Answer all the following:
a. What are the key elements of TOMS shoes competitive strategy?
b. Is the strategy best described as low cost, differentiation, or best
c. Has the company focused on a niche or chosen to pursue the broader
footwear market? Explain.
2. Answer both these questions:
a. In what ways does TOMS exercise its commitment to corporate social
b. How does TOMS dedication to corporate social responsibility
contribute to its competitive advantage?
3. What evidence suggests whether TOMS shoes strategy is working? Does it
have a competitive advantage? Is its financial performance improving or
4. What strategic issues should TOMS shoes management and investors be
most concerned with? Are there possible improvements to its competitive
strategy? Are there internal weaknesses or external threats to its well-being
that must be addressed?
1. A 2:16-minute 2015 video entitled TOMS: The Business of Footwear and
Philanthropy, that can be accessed at:
2. A 4:27-minute 2014 video titled TOMS launches One-for-One Coffee
Company that can be accessed at: