Analyze Apple’s Balance Sheets between 2014 and 2013.
You can retrieve Apple’s annual report by going to the U.S Securities website.
o Search for Apple Inc. 10-k indicates annual reports; 10-q indicates quarterly reports. You will focus on annual reports for this assignment. The annual reports include the Balance Sheets.
· Write a report of up to 4 pages, double spaced, analyzing Apple’s Balance Sheet for the above period. At the end of the report, include an executive summary of no more than 150 words to include your analysis of the financial information regarding the firm’s performance.
The following list of questions provides a good start for a comprehensive analysis of Apple’s financial positions, gleaned from their Balance Sheets. At the end of the report, provide your client with an executive summary of no more than 150 words which describes and analyzes the important financial data in the Balance Sheet. You will start accumulating analytical skills by understanding the specific accounts here.
An acceptable financial report should address the following questions.
1. Identify the fiscal year end forApple. Comment on how many shares were issued and outstanding as of the fiscal year end of 2014. Find the monetary amounts (denomination of money such as US dollars or euros, thousands or millions) for Apple’s financial statements.
2. Find the firm’s largest asset and liability account in 2014 and also find out the carrying value of these accounts.
3. Comment on what you think is the Apple’s most valuable resources. Can you find it on Apple’s balance sheet? Comment on why or why not.
4. Compare Apple’s balance sheets of2014and 2013andidentify theaccount that experienced the largest change and provide the possible reasons that contribute to the change.
5. Comment on how Apple’s 2014 net income impacts Apple’s 2014 balance sheet.Identifythe possible transactions that contribute to these changes.
6. Find out if Apply paid any dividend in 2014 Evaluate how it impacted2014’s Balance sheet.Identify where you found the dividend payment information.
7. Locate the book value of Apple’s shareholders’ equity by the fiscal year end of 2014. Comment on the market value of Apple’s equity on September 27th, 2014. Identify Apple’s market-to-book ratio of equity and comment on it. (Hint: It goes back to question 3)
From the very beginning of our republic through the 19th century, the overriding and chronic problem we faced was too little currency.12. ...Feb 11 2020
Reptiles, including birds, belong to one major lineage of amniotes, and ________ belong to another.a. sharksb. frogs and toadsc. mammalsd. salamandersJul 06 2021
Cindy Bagnal, the manager of Cayce Printing Service, has provided you with the following aging schedule for Cayce’s accounts receivable: Cindy indicates that the $126,7...Apr 01 2020
A command economy that is now allowing for a role for markets is known as a ________.Jul 03 2021
Why might it be argued that nationalism, or other forms of populism, can impact a country's ability to engage in diplomatic relations? In thinking about this question, co...Aug 18 2021
The formula for cobalt(III) sulfite is Co2(SO33a. How many grams of Co3+ are present in 1.64 moles of cobalt(III) sulfite?b. How many moles of SO32– ion are present in 1....May 19 2021
The environmental management program consisted of three control systems for hazardous waste: disposal-site inspection, auditing for compliance, and waste reduction. With ...Apr 24 2021
Determine the tension P in the cable which will give the100-lb block a steady acceleration of 5 ft/sec2 up theincline.The mass of the blockis 100-lb. Please disreg...Jul 03 2020
What is the future value of $19,000 deposited for four years earning 6% interest rate annually?Jun 17 2021
Using Sigma Notation In Exercises 11-16, use sigma notation to write the sum.Jul 27 2021