Analyze Apple’s Balance Sheets between 2014 and 2013. o You can retrieve Apple’s annual
Analyze Apple’s Balance Sheets between 2014 and 2013.
You can retrieve Apple’s annual report by going to the U.S Securities website.
o Search for Apple Inc. 10-k indicates annual reports; 10-q indicates quarterly reports. You will focus on annual reports for this assignment. The annual reports include the Balance Sheets.
· Write a report of up to 4 pages, double spaced, analyzing Apple’s Balance Sheet for the above period. At the end of the report, include an executive summary of no more than 150 words to include your analysis of the financial information regarding the firm’s performance.
The following list of questions provides a good start for a comprehensive analysis of Apple’s financial positions, gleaned from their Balance Sheets. At the end of the report, provide your client with an executive summary of no more than 150 words which describes and analyzes the important financial data in the Balance Sheet. You will start accumulating analytical skills by understanding the specific accounts here.
An acceptable financial report should address the following questions.
1. Identify the fiscal year end forApple. Comment on how many shares were issued and outstanding as of the fiscal year end of 2014. Find the monetary amounts (denomination of money such as US dollars or euros, thousands or millions) for Apple’s financial statements.
2. Find the firm’s largest asset and liability account in 2014 and also find out the carrying value of these accounts.
3. Comment on what you think is the Apple’s most valuable resources. Can you find it on Apple’s balance sheet? Comment on why or why not.
4. Compare Apple’s balance sheets of2014and 2013andidentify theaccount that experienced the largest change and provide the possible reasons that contribute to the change.
5. Comment on how Apple’s 2014 net income impacts Apple’s 2014 balance sheet.Identifythe possible transactions that contribute to these changes.
6. Find out if Apply paid any dividend in 2014 Evaluate how it impacted2014’s Balance sheet.Identify where you found the dividend payment information.
7. Locate the book value of Apple’s shareholders’ equity by the fiscal year end of 2014. Comment on the market value of Apple’s equity on September 27th, 2014. Identify Apple’s market-to-book ratio of equity and comment on it. (Hint: It goes back to question 3)