An individual buying a computer program ________.
A) accrues liability for the usage of the program
B) can install the program on multiple computers
C) just buys a license to use the product
D) can also use most other programs using the license
32) ________ is a form of hardware/software leasing in which organizations obtain server resources from vendors that specialize in server processing.
A) Metaserver leasing
B) String computing
C) Grid referencing
D) Cloud computing
33) ________ is the process whereby multiple operating systems share the same hardware.
A) Machine coding
C) License sharing
D) Application software
34) A grocery scanning checkout system is an example of a(n) ________.
A) vertical-market software
B) horizontal market software
C) one-of-a-kind application
D) operating system
35) Software that provides capabilities common across all organizations and industries is known as ________ software.
C) horizontal-market application
36) Which of the following is true of in-house custom-developed software?
A) They are less expensive than off-the-shelf software.
B) The organization has to tailor its applications to the software.
C) They are easy and comparatively cheap to make.
D) The developing company pays the adaptation costs itself.
37) ________ software is installed in special, read-only memory in devices like printers or communication devices.
B) Instruction set
38) Application programs that require programs other than a browser on a user's computer are called ________.
A) smart clients
B) horizontal applications
C) vertical applications
39) Which of the following is true of thick-client applications?
A) A thick-client application is an application program that need not be preinstalled on the client.
B) All other things being equal, thin-client applications are preferred over thick client applications.
C) A thick client application does not require preinstallation of client codes.
D) With a thick-client application, a system administrator must install the new version on each user computer.
40) ________ is computer code as written by humans and that is understandable by humans.
A) Open source
B) Machine code
C) Source code
D) Native code
Bonds are a safer form of investment becausea. full bond payments are made before stockholders receive any dividendsb. they are guaranteed by the governmentc. they are g...Dec 12 2019
Dorinda, Luis, and Elizabeth form a limited partnership. Dorinda is a general partner, and Luis and Elizabeth are limited partners. If Elizabeth is petitioned into involu...Jul 07 2021
For point charge and point charge C located at the same positions as in the previous question determine the direction of the net electric field E at the originYour answe...Feb 06 2020
Wembley Stadium is afootball stadium inWembley, London, England, which opened in 2007, on the site of the originalWembley Stadium, which was demolished from 2002–2003. Th...Jul 09 2020
An arbitrager at Deutsche Bank notices that the yield on Brazilian Real 6-month risk-free bills is 5.5% per annum and the yield on U.S. 6-month T-bills is 7% per annum. T...Dec 02 2019
Calculate th elasticity of substitution for the production functionApr 30 2020
Figures P9.12 show three-story frames with lumped masses subjected to lateral forces, together with the flexural rigidity of columns and beams.(a) Identify the DOFs to re...Jun 10 2020
Freezers Inc. has a 13 percent return on total assets of $1,800,000 and a net profit margin of 4 percent. What are its sales?Jul 10 2021
Sakshi Pathak is considering the following questions as she approaches a planning period: (a) What industries should we get into or out of? (b) In which businesses should...Apr 03 2018
Your organization currently has a defined contribution pension plan with employees contributing up to 3% with a company match. Effective with the first pay of the new yea...Jun 19 2020