An individual buying a computer program ________.
A) accrues liability for the usage of the program
B) can install the program on multiple computers
C) just buys a license to use the product
D) can also use most other programs using the license
32) ________ is a form of hardware/software leasing in which organizations obtain server resources from vendors that specialize in server processing.
A) Metaserver leasing
B) String computing
C) Grid referencing
D) Cloud computing
33) ________ is the process whereby multiple operating systems share the same hardware.
A) Machine coding
C) License sharing
D) Application software
34) A grocery scanning checkout system is an example of a(n) ________.
A) vertical-market software
B) horizontal market software
C) one-of-a-kind application
D) operating system
35) Software that provides capabilities common across all organizations and industries is known as ________ software.
C) horizontal-market application
36) Which of the following is true of in-house custom-developed software?
A) They are less expensive than off-the-shelf software.
B) The organization has to tailor its applications to the software.
C) They are easy and comparatively cheap to make.
D) The developing company pays the adaptation costs itself.
37) ________ software is installed in special, read-only memory in devices like printers or communication devices.
B) Instruction set
38) Application programs that require programs other than a browser on a user's computer are called ________.
A) smart clients
B) horizontal applications
C) vertical applications
39) Which of the following is true of thick-client applications?
A) A thick-client application is an application program that need not be preinstalled on the client.
B) All other things being equal, thin-client applications are preferred over thick client applications.
C) A thick client application does not require preinstallation of client codes.
D) With a thick-client application, a system administrator must install the new version on each user computer.
40) ________ is computer code as written by humans and that is understandable by humans.
A) Open source
B) Machine code
C) Source code
D) Native code
If there is an interest rate of 18% compounded monthly the nominal rate for 6 months would be36912May 24 2018
Registration at State University proceeds as follows: Upon entering the registration hall, the students first wait in line to register for classes. A single clerk handles...Aug 10 2020
As of January 1, 2015, the City Council approved and the mayor signed a budget calling for $11,250,000 in property tax and other revenue, $9,300,000 in appropriations for...May 22 2020
If the likelihood of an incomplete order form is 0.10, what is the probability that there are no more than one incomplete order forms in a sample of four? Assume binomi...Apr 09 2020
Emery Mining Inc. recently reported $130,000 of sales, $75,500 of operating costs other than depreciation, and $10,200 of depreciation. The company had $16,500 of outstan...Apr 08 2020
The common stock of NCP paid $1.21 in dividends lasy yearAug 20 2020
Why is it more efficient for the work cells to prepare modules and deliver them to the assembly line than it would be to produce the component on the line >Jul 25 2020
3 (21%) AAA Supply is considering a 180-day short term borrowing of $100,000 and is in the process of negotiating with two local banks. The prime rate is currently 8 per...Feb 08 2020
A number of small solid bodies are floating on the surface of a liquid. Show that the effect of surface tension is to make two neighbouring bodies approach each other, ei...Jun 18 2020
1. What is work–life balance, and what can be done about it?2.How can stress be managed?3.What is the distinction between risk assessments, health and safety audits and h...May 28 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.