An increase in government expenditure shifts the AD curve ________ and an increase in taxes shifts the AD curve ________.
A) rightward; rightward
B) rightward; leftward
C) leftward; rightward
D) leftward; leftward
63) Suppose the government of Japan increases its expenditure on goods and services. In the short run, this increase will
A) shift the AD curve in Japan rightward.
B) shift the AD curve in Japan leftward.
C) cause the price level in Japan to fall.
D) None of the above answers is correct.
64) If the government wants to engage in fiscal policy to increase real GDP, it could
A) increase government expenditure in order to increase short-run aggregate supply.
B) decrease government expenditure in order to increase short-run aggregate supply.
C) increase government expenditure in order to increase aggregate demand.
D) decrease government expenditure in order to decrease aggregate demand.
65) If real GDP is less than potential GDP, which of the following fiscal policies would increase real GDP?
A) only a decrease government expenditure
B) only an increase taxes
C) increase government expenditure and/or decrease taxes
D) decrease government expenditure and/or increase taxes
66) Using the AD-AS model, an increase in government expenditure
A) has no impact on real GDP.
B) has no impact on real GDP, but will increase potential GDP.
C) increases both real GDP and the price level.
D) has a full multiplier effect on real GDP, leaving the price level unchanged in the long run.
67) Using fiscal policy, to increase real GDP and employment the government could ________ government expenditure on goods and services or ________ taxes.
A) increase; increase
B) increase; decrease
C) decrease; increase
D) decrease; decrease
68) When real GDP is less than potential GDP, an increase in government expenditures will ________ real GDP and ________ the price level.
A) increase; raise
B) increase; lower
C) decrease; raise
D) decrease; lower
69) Suppose the economy is at a short-run equilibrium with real GDP greater than potential GDP. Which of the following fiscal policies would decrease real GDP and the price level?
A) an increase in government expenditure
B) a decrease in taxes
C) an increase in taxes
D) None of the above answers is correct.
70) Suppose real GDP exceeds potential real GDP. If the government decreases its expenditures on goods and services, then real GDP ________ and the price level ________.
A) decreases; rises
B) increases; falls
C) decreases; falls
D) increases; rises
71) Suppose that the government decreases its expenditures on goods and services. Within the AS-AD model, the result will be ________ in real GDP and ________ in the price level.
A) an increase; an increase
B) an increase; a decrease
C) a decrease; an increase
D) a decrease; a decrease
At the beginning of the year, manufacturing overhead for the year was estimated to be $250,860. At the end of the year, actual direct labor-hours for the year were 20,860...May 08 2018
The following data represent the number of days absent per year in a population of four employees of a small company: 2 3 4 5 a. Assuming that you sample with replaceme...Apr 04 2020
On January 10, 2014, Tolleson Co. sold merchandise on account to Simmons for $8,000, terms n/30. On February 9, Simmons gave Tolleson Co. a 7% promissory note in settleme...Mar 29 2020
Employees’ rights to free speech, as protected by the U.S. Constitution, only applies to _______________.a. private, non-public companiesb. government employe...Dec 16 2019
What is great free antivirus program?Apr 27 2020
The primary source of revenue for a wholesaler isA) investment income.B) service revenue.C) the sale of merchandise.D) the sale of plant assets the company owns.Aug 09 2020
Using the three-noded bar element shown in Figure P10–5 (a) and (b), with shape functions given by Eq. (10.5.9), determine (a) the intrinsic coordinate s at point A and (...Aug 01 2020
The goal of the persuasive speech is to influence, change, or reinforce listeners ideas, attitudes, beliefs or behaviors. A persuasive speech aims at influencing thinking...Mar 21 2020
Creative Solutions designs Web pages for clients in the education sector. The company’s job-costing system has a single direct cost category (Web-designing labor) and a s...Jun 25 2020
Altoona Valve Company’s planned production for the year just ended was 20,000 units. This production level was achieved, and 21,000 units were sold. Other data follow: ...Aug 13 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.