An employee separation occurs when:
A) employee turnover reaches maximum capacity.
B) global competition increases beyond labor supply.
C) an employee ceases to be a member of an organization.
D) technologies are introduced into a new industry.
2) A company wants to know the rate at which employees voluntarily leave the firm. The company most likely needs to:
A) measure its turnover rate.
B) conduct an HR audit.
C) implement a diversity audit.
D) track reasons for discharges.
3) Companies most likely attempt to manage their turnover rates because of:
A) potential problems associated with public relations.
B) legal requirements regarding layoff notifications.
C) inadequate affirmative action plans.
D) high employee replacement costs.
4) The costs of employee separations primarily depend upon which of the following?
A) Whether the employee was a member of a protected class or not
B) Whether the employee had a voluntary separation
C) Whether the employee will be replaced or not
D) Whether the employee was a new hire
5) Which of the following is a recruitment cost associated with employee replacement?
B) Reference checks
6) Which of the following factors is the LEAST common reason for turnover among Chinese workers?
A) Lack of development opportunities
B) Manager-employee relationships
C) Insufficient compensation
D) Tedious work
7) Which of the following is a selection cost of employee replacement?
C) Search firm fees
D) Reference checks
8) Martin is reviewing HR's costs for interviewing, testing, and checking references for new hires. Martin is most likely reviewing the ________ costs of employee replacement.
9) Which of the following is a replacement cost associated with training new employees?
A) Employment testing
B) Outplacement services
C) Recruiter time
D) Lost productivity
10) Which of the following is the most significant separation cost for employers?
A) Search firm fees
B) Lost productivity
C) Outplacement assistance
You were recently hired to replace the manager of the Roller Division at a major conveyor-manufacturing firm, despite the managers strong external sales record. Roller ma...Aug 22 2021
Explain Delta and gamma relationships for options in the money, at the money, and out of the money at expiration.Apr 14 2021
Given the density of the nucleus is = r.= 1.2 fm and mass of a nucleon 3 = 1.67 x 10-27 kg, calculate the density of nucleus.May 28 2021
How might the use of and end-of-the-year balance sheet bias the calculation of certain ratios? Post an initial post of at least 200 words.May 24 2018
Is the security market line constant over time? Why or why not?Nov 27 2019
Compare and contrast the phase diagrams of water and carbon dioxide. a) why doesn't CO2 have a normal boiling point and normal melting point, whereas water does?b) The sl...Jul 19 2021
Working backward, the limit represents to a function and a number . Find andJul 07 2021
Rapid-LubeA huge market exists for automobile tune-ups, oil changes, and lubrication service for more than 250 million vehicles on U.S. roads. Some of this demand is fill...Jul 31 2020
Calculate the required return for a project undertaken in Italy given the following information. The appropriate risk free rate is 5%, the project has a calculated beta o...Feb 13 2020
the modified goodman equation can be represente as ?=sa/Se+sm/Sut if a beam has alternative stress 18.7 Ksi and median stress 18.7 ksi made from a material with corrected...May 10 2020