All else constant, an increase in the incomes of consumers in the market for diamonds would cause the supply of diamonds to increase.
77) Assume that in an effort to help consumers, the government decides to reduce the amount of taxes it imposes on sellers of gasoline, that is, sellers are required to pay the government a smaller fee for each gallon of gas they sell. In the market for gas, this would have the effect of causing an increase in the supply of gas and a decrease in equilibrium price.
78) Rent controls have the effect of keeping prices under control and maintaining an adequate supply of affordable housing for lower income people.
79) Federal subsidies to farmers can have the effect of creating a surplus in the market for certain crops.
80) Consider the market for air travel. A simultaneous increase in the price of fuel and another terrorist attack on United States soil would cause the equilibrium quantity of air travel to go down, but have an uncertain effect on equilibrium price.
81) A simultaneous improvement in the technology used to produce computers and increase in the number of buyers in the computer market would cause the equilibrium price of computers to drop but have an uncertain effect on equilibrium quantity.
82) Assume a national brewing company loses market share to a lower-priced competitor. Assume also that the company's workers go on strike and are able to negotiate a hefty wage increase. As such, we can conclude, with certainty, that the combination of these two changes would cause the equilibrium price and quantity of the company's product to decrease.
83) Because unemployment is a macroeconomic topic, an increase in unemployment would not be expected to have any impact on the equilibrium price or quantity in the market for an individual good.
84) An increase in the availability of health insurance could be expected to cause the average price of health care to increase.
85) Assume the demand and supply functions for good X can be written as
Qd = 1000 - 40Px
Qs = -200 + 20Px
In this example, equilibrium price is $20 and the equilibrium quantity is 200
1. Recognition of concepts. Ron Carroll operates a small company that books enter tainers for theaters, parties, conventions, and so forth. The company s fiscal year ends...May 02 2020
What percent of a typical human's loci are heterozygous? (A) 2% (B) 5% (C) 37% (D) 55% (E) 76%Mar 16 2018
What are the similarities, and what are the differences, between common stock and preferred stock?Nov 26 2019
Commonwealth Construction (CC) needs $3 million of assets to get started, and it expects to have a basic earning power ratio of 35%. CC will own no securities, all of its...Jun 02 2021
SSARS #1 provides for what analytical procedures in a compilation engagement?Question options:A. comparing financial statements with budgets and forecastsB. comparing fin...Jun 06 2018
You would like to combine a risky stock with a beta of 1.6 with U.S. Treasury bills in such a way that the risk level of the portfolio is equivalent to the risk level of ...Aug 13 2020
What is the average rate of change over the interval x-4-3-2.5-2-1f(x)128756Jul 25 2021
On March 20, Palasz’s petty cash fund of $100 is replenished when the fund contains $19 in cash and receipts for postage $40, supplies $26, and travel expense $15. Prep...Apr 01 2020
(3) Use the Integral Test to show that the series XO Σετη -n2 n=0 converges.Apr 29 2021
A family of three, made up of a single mother, her 14-year-old son, and her 7-year-old daughter have contacted a licensed clinical social worker for immediate help. They ...Feb 15 2020