All else constant, an increase in the incomes of consumers in the market for diamonds would cause the supply of diamonds to increase.
77) Assume that in an effort to help consumers, the government decides to reduce the amount of taxes it imposes on sellers of gasoline, that is, sellers are required to pay the government a smaller fee for each gallon of gas they sell. In the market for gas, this would have the effect of causing an increase in the supply of gas and a decrease in equilibrium price.
78) Rent controls have the effect of keeping prices under control and maintaining an adequate supply of affordable housing for lower income people.
79) Federal subsidies to farmers can have the effect of creating a surplus in the market for certain crops.
80) Consider the market for air travel. A simultaneous increase in the price of fuel and another terrorist attack on United States soil would cause the equilibrium quantity of air travel to go down, but have an uncertain effect on equilibrium price.
81) A simultaneous improvement in the technology used to produce computers and increase in the number of buyers in the computer market would cause the equilibrium price of computers to drop but have an uncertain effect on equilibrium quantity.
82) Assume a national brewing company loses market share to a lower-priced competitor. Assume also that the company's workers go on strike and are able to negotiate a hefty wage increase. As such, we can conclude, with certainty, that the combination of these two changes would cause the equilibrium price and quantity of the company's product to decrease.
83) Because unemployment is a macroeconomic topic, an increase in unemployment would not be expected to have any impact on the equilibrium price or quantity in the market for an individual good.
84) An increase in the availability of health insurance could be expected to cause the average price of health care to increase.
85) Assume the demand and supply functions for good X can be written as
Qd = 1000 - 40Px
Qs = -200 + 20Px
In this example, equilibrium price is $20 and the equilibrium quantity is 200
A loan of 104,000 is going to be repaid by month-end repayments of 4,000 starting in one month. The interest rate is 6.8% p.a. compounded monthly. Calculate the loan outs...Apr 14 2021
Carrizo Corporation’s capital structure is as follows:December 31,20092008Outstanding shares of:Common stock336,000280,000Nonconvertible, noncumulative preferred stock10,...May 14 2020
You are operating an old machine that is expected to produce a cash inflow of $5,000 in each of the next 3 years before it fails. You can replace it now with a new machin...Aug 10 2021
I need help in writing a short essay for the following question in my human resources management 650 course:"What is Organization Development and what does it have to do ...Nov 11 2017
Porter Inc's stock has an expected return of 12.50%, a beta of 1.25, and is in equilibrium. If the risk-free rate is 2.00%, what is the market risk premium? Do not round ...Apr 09 2021
The slider P can be moved inward by means of the string S, while the slotted arm rotates about point O. The angular position of the arm is given by = 0.54t - 0.056t2, wh...Jun 22 2020
Finished goods inventory is debited and work in process inventory is credited for:A) purchase of goods on account.B) transfer of goods to the finished goods storeroom.C)...Dec 10 2019
Crandall Oil Company has net fixed assets of $161,900 and has shareholders' equity of $137,800. The firm owes a total of $136,000 of which 60 percent is payable within th...Aug 11 2020
Collins obtained from South Carolina Insurance Co. a liability policy covering a Piper Colt airplane he owned. The policy provided that it did not cover loss sustained wh...Aug 08 2021
Isopropyl alcohol, CH3CHOHCH3, is used in rubbing alcohol mixtures. Alcohol on the skin cools by evaporation. How much heat is absorbed by the alcohol if 4.39g evaporates...Jun 19 2021