Additional Information (not reflected in the preceding figures)
• On December 31, Miller issues 50,000 shares of its $20 par value common stock for all of the outstanding shares of Richmond Company.
• As part of the acquisition agreement, Miller agrees to pay the former owners of Richmond $250,000 if certain profit projections are realized over the next three years. Miller calculates the acquisition-date fair value of this contingency at $100,000.
• In creating this combination, Miller pays $10,000 in stock issue costs and $20,000 in accounting and legal fees.
Required a. Miller’s stock has a fair value of $32 per share. Using the acquisition method:
1. Prepare the necessary journal entries if Miller dissolves Richmond so it is no longer a separate legal entity.
2. Assume instead that Richmond will retain separate legal incorporation and maintain its own accounting systems. Prepare a worksheet to consolidate the accounts of the two companies. b. If Miller’s stock has a fair value of $26 per share, describe how the consolidated balances would differ from the results in requirement ( a ).
List and describe four determinants of productivity.Here is a tip:Productivity is defined as the total output produced per unit of labor.Jul 16 2021
Name five possible parts of a work plan for a formal report. (L.O. 2)Aug 22 2021
Measuring the approximate mass of an ion without using a standard can he accomplished via the following variant of the peak-matching technique described in Problem 20-14....Jun 23 2020
Find the Maclaurin series of (by any method) and its radius of convergence. Graph and its first few Taylor polynomials on the same screen. What do you notice about the ...Jul 06 2021
Fans are frequently needed to keep electronic circuits cool. They vary in size, power require- ment, input voltage, and air-flow rate. In a particular application, three ...May 24 2020
In the manufacture of methyl ethyl ketone from butanol, the product is separatedfrom unreacted butanol by distillation. The feed to the column consists of amixture of 0.9...Jun 09 2020
The Bramwell Corporation has estimated its demand function and total cost function to be as follows:Q = 25 â 0.05PTC = 700 + 200QAnswer the following questions either b...Jul 13 2021
From the undermentioned facts determine the cost of equity shares of company X (i)Current market price of a share $150.00 (ii)Cost of flotation per share on new shares ...May 05 2020
using two graphs, graphically illustrate the effect of an increase in income with the prices of all goods fixed, with the first graph demonstrating how this causes consum...Dec 30 2019
Should a heart surge on do her own pumbing?A heart surgeon is skillfull at unplugging arteries and rerouting the floe of blood and these skills also mahke her a perfect p...May 23 2018