According to Porter, to be effective the organizations goals, objectives, culture, a
According to Porter, to be effective the organization's goals, objectives, culture, and activities must be consistent with the organization's strategy
12) A business that selects a differentiation strategy would structure itself around least-cost activities.
13) Organizations analyze the structure of their industry, and, using that analysis, they formulate a competitive strategy.
14) Support activities are business functions that relate directly to the production of the organization's products or services.
15) A business with a cost strategy will add cost to an activity only as long as the activity has a positive margin.
16) Each stage of the generic value chain accumulates costs and subtracts value from the product.
17) The support activities in the generic value chain facilitate the primary activities and contribute only indirectly to production, sale, and service of the product.
18) Receiving, storing, and disseminating inputs to the product falls under the operation function of primary activity.
19) The company uses the outbound logistics activity to deliver the finished product to a customer.
20) Porter's definition of technology is narrow as it only includes research and development.