Abby Smith earned wages of $500 for one week. Her withholdings included CPP $21, EI $9 and income tax $75. In a synoptic journal under the modified cash system, her employer would record the payment as follows:
A) debit Salary Expense $500, credit CPP Payable $21, credit EI payable $9, credit Income Tax Payable $75, credit Cash $395.
B) the employer cannot use the modified cash basis for recording payment of payroll.
C) debit Salary Expense $500, credit Cash $500.
D) debit Salary Expense $395, credit Cash $395.
12) Payroll taxes withheld from employees during the period were $300 CPP, $120 EI and $1,000 Income Tax. The entry to record payment of the taxes withheld and the employer's share in the synoptic journal under the modified cash system would be
A) debit payroll tax expense $580, credit Cash $580.
B) debit Payroll Tax Expense $468, debit CPP Payable $300, debit EI Payable $120, debit Income Tax Payable $1,000, credit Cash $1,888.
C) debit Payroll Tax Expense $468, debit CPP Payable $300, debit EI Payable $120, credit Cash $888.
D) debit Payroll Tax Expense $420, debit CPP Payable $300, debit EI Payable $120, debit Income Tax Payable $1,000, credit Cash $1,840.
13) Curly Ribbon Co. uses a synoptic journal under the modified cash-basis. How should a purchase on account of $1,000 of ribbons for resale be recorded?
A) Debit Supplies $1,000, credit Accounts Payable $1,000
B) Debit Supplies $1,000, credit Cash $1,000
C) Debit Purchases $1,000, credit Accounts Payable $1,000
D) None of the above are correct.
14) Which company is most likely to use the cash basis of accounting?
A) Service company with no inventory
B) Department store
C) Accounting firm
D) Real estate office
15) Under the modified cash-basis method, the amount paid for equipment in one year cannot be treated as an expense of the period.
16) To avoid distorting the financial reports, the modified cash-basis makes adjustments for amortization, purchases of insurance, and large amounts of supplies.
17) Accounts that are used the least in the business should have a special column.
18) When the synoptic journal is used, the cash balance can be determined easily.
19) Under the cash basis system, CPP Payable and EI Payable, and Income Tax Payable are considered liability accounts.
20) Payroll Tax Expense is used to record the employer's payroll taxes.
21) To prove the journal means that debits and credits equal.
22) A synoptic journal on a cash basis would have an accounts payable column.
A flat square sheet of thin aluminum foil, 30 cm on a side, carries a uniformly distributed 235 nCcharge.a)What, approximately, is the electric field 1.5 cm above the cen...May 28 2021
Discuss how these hotels are using strategic and performance consulting approach to developing training efforts?May 13 2020
What happens to the exchange rate between the euro and the dollar (€/$) if American preferences for German goods increase?a.The dollar will deprecate and the quantity of ...Jun 04 2021
Lorraine can select from two nutrient injection systems for her cottage industry of hydroponic tomato and lettuce greenhouses.(a) Use an AW relation to determine the min...Apr 23 2020
Ann cuts an ordinary deck of 52 cards and displays the exposed card. After Ann places her stack back on the deck, Andy cuts the same deck and displays the exposed card. C...Aug 03 2020
BSW Bank currently has $150 million in transaction deposits on its balance sheet. The Federal Reserve has currently set the reserve requirement at 10 percent of transacti...May 11 2020
There are 10 firms in an industry, and each firm has a market share of 10 percent. The industry’s Herfindahl index is:a. 10.b. 100.c. 1,000.d. 10,000.2. In the small town...Dec 05 2019
The plant alternation of generations is characterized by _______________ meiosis. (A) Zygotic (B) Somatic (C) Sporic (D) Generic (E) GameticMar 22 2018
The most important role of the Federal Reserve in today's US economy is ____________.Jun 05 2021
Can you rate the following five factors in order of importance to (a) Helgaton (b) yourself? Groups and Leadership; Communications; Output; Motivation; Job Design.Nov 27 2019