Abby Smith earned wages of $500 for one week. Her withholdings included CPP $21, EI $9 and income tax $75. In a synoptic journal under the modified cash system, her employer would record the payment as follows:
A) debit Salary Expense $500, credit CPP Payable $21, credit EI payable $9, credit Income Tax Payable $75, credit Cash $395.
B) the employer cannot use the modified cash basis for recording payment of payroll.
C) debit Salary Expense $500, credit Cash $500.
D) debit Salary Expense $395, credit Cash $395.
12) Payroll taxes withheld from employees during the period were $300 CPP, $120 EI and $1,000 Income Tax. The entry to record payment of the taxes withheld and the employer's share in the synoptic journal under the modified cash system would be
A) debit payroll tax expense $580, credit Cash $580.
B) debit Payroll Tax Expense $468, debit CPP Payable $300, debit EI Payable $120, debit Income Tax Payable $1,000, credit Cash $1,888.
C) debit Payroll Tax Expense $468, debit CPP Payable $300, debit EI Payable $120, credit Cash $888.
D) debit Payroll Tax Expense $420, debit CPP Payable $300, debit EI Payable $120, debit Income Tax Payable $1,000, credit Cash $1,840.
13) Curly Ribbon Co. uses a synoptic journal under the modified cash-basis. How should a purchase on account of $1,000 of ribbons for resale be recorded?
A) Debit Supplies $1,000, credit Accounts Payable $1,000
B) Debit Supplies $1,000, credit Cash $1,000
C) Debit Purchases $1,000, credit Accounts Payable $1,000
D) None of the above are correct.
14) Which company is most likely to use the cash basis of accounting?
A) Service company with no inventory
B) Department store
C) Accounting firm
D) Real estate office
15) Under the modified cash-basis method, the amount paid for equipment in one year cannot be treated as an expense of the period.
16) To avoid distorting the financial reports, the modified cash-basis makes adjustments for amortization, purchases of insurance, and large amounts of supplies.
17) Accounts that are used the least in the business should have a special column.
18) When the synoptic journal is used, the cash balance can be determined easily.
19) Under the cash basis system, CPP Payable and EI Payable, and Income Tax Payable are considered liability accounts.
20) Payroll Tax Expense is used to record the employer's payroll taxes.
21) To prove the journal means that debits and credits equal.
22) A synoptic journal on a cash basis would have an accounts payable column.
The theory of new Keynesian inflation dynamics suggests that a fall in aggregate demand wouldA) immediately reduce the price level, followed by a more sluggish decline in...Dec 10 2019
Midwest Electric Company (MEC) uses only debt and retained earnings. It can borrow unlimited amounts at an interest rate of rd = 10% as long as it finances at its target ...May 08 2021
A potential field in free space is given as V = 100 ln tan(θ/2) + 50 V. (a) Find the maximum value of |Eθ | on the surface θ = 40◦ for 0.12. e space, let ρν = 200ϵ0/r 2.4...Jun 14 2020
It is observed that an adiabatic decrease in molar volume of 1 % produces a particular change in the chemical potential µ. What percentage change in molar volume, carried...Jun 09 2020
The law of supply states that as the price of a good declines, the quantity supplied of that good _____.Jul 03 2021
Which of the following is an on-the-job training technique?[A]Organizational socialization [B]Creation of “assistant-to” positions [C]Performance appraisal [D]Job enlargementJan 11 2018
Mendel crossed a true-breeding pea plant with green pods and a true-breeding pea plant with yellow pods. All offspring had green pods. Which color is recessive?Jun 29 2021
Assigned topic: discussing and assessing the definition of politics as seen in the last slide of the lecture notes for Week 1 (posted on the Blackboard); this is the defi...Mar 13 2020
Piepkorn Manufacturing Working Capital Management, Part 1You have recently been hired by Piepkorn Manufacturing to work in its newly established treasury department. Piep...May 25 2020
In the Figure , C1 = 6.00uF , C2 = 3.00uF , C3 = 5.00uF . The capacitor network is connected to an applied potential Vab. After the charges on the capacitors have reached...May 31 2021