A trade surplus exists if export spending is less than import spending.
67) An index of the weighted exchange value of the U.S. dollar versus the currencies of a broad group of major U.S. trading partners is called the trade-weighted dollar.
68) Stating the dollar has strengthened against the yen means the dollar has depreciated.
69) The value at which one currency can be exchanged for another currency is called the real exchange rate.
70) Net exports are positively related to income in the rest of the world.
71) Currency appreciation will decrease net exports.
72) In an open mixed economy, injections are saving, taxation, and import spending.
73) The trade balance must equal the level of private and public saving in the country.
74) A lending of a country's savings that occurs when the country has a trade deficit and its citizens purchase real and financial assets from abroad is called a capital inflow.
75) Borrowing from another country that occurs when the country has a trade deficit and its citizens sell real and financial assets to foreigners is called a capital inflow.
The central bank decreases the reserve requirements for demand deposits from 15% to 12% when a bank receives $600 million in deposits. Estimate the impact on the total lo...May 29 2018
Use the following information to answer the questions in this quiz. Please show your work by submitting a Word, Excel, or JPEG file in the "Project 2 Drop Box". INFORMATI...May 24 2021
On March 1, 2015, Copy Line paid $102,000 for a new copy machine. It was estimated that the machine would produce 850,000 copies over the next 5 years, at which time it c...Jul 23 2021
1 m3 of saturated liquid water at 200°C is expanded isothermally in a closed system until its quality is 80 percent. Determine the total work produced by this expansion, in kJ.May 21 2021
put a box around your answers Show transcribed image textAccounts receivable turnover and days' sales in receivables Financial statement data for years ending December 3...Aug 08 2020
Battle Creek Cereal Company has four main products: Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Bran Flakes and Strawberry Flakes. The average daily demand for the products is: Corn Fla...Aug 27 2020
McGee Corporation has fixed operating costs of $10 million and a variable cost ratio of 0.65. The firm has a $20 million, 10 percent bank loan and a $6 million, 12 percen...Mar 31 2020
Due to advances in the study of economics and computer models we can always rely on the output that we get from the leading universities, hospitals, and research organiza...May 18 2020
• Men’s heights are normally distributed with mean 68.6 in. and standard deviation 2.8 in. • Women’s heights are normally distributed with mean 63.7 in. and standard d...May 22 2021
Standard deviation I. For each lettered part, a through c, examine the two given sets of numbers. Without doing any calculations, decide which set has the larger standard...Apr 26 2020