A trade surplus exists if export spending is less than import spending.
67) An index of the weighted exchange value of the U.S. dollar versus the currencies of a broad group of major U.S. trading partners is called the trade-weighted dollar.
68) Stating the dollar has strengthened against the yen means the dollar has depreciated.
69) The value at which one currency can be exchanged for another currency is called the real exchange rate.
70) Net exports are positively related to income in the rest of the world.
71) Currency appreciation will decrease net exports.
72) In an open mixed economy, injections are saving, taxation, and import spending.
73) The trade balance must equal the level of private and public saving in the country.
74) A lending of a country's savings that occurs when the country has a trade deficit and its citizens purchase real and financial assets from abroad is called a capital inflow.
75) Borrowing from another country that occurs when the country has a trade deficit and its citizens sell real and financial assets to foreigners is called a capital inflow.
The following accounts and their balances appear in the ledger of Goodale Properties Inc. on June 30 of the current year: ...May 06 2021
Consider the population of four juvenile condors. Their weights in pounds are : 2, 3, 6,10 Let x be the weight of a juvenile condor. Write the possible unique values for ...Aug 01 2020
In a one-mole sample of H atoms at 1000 K, how many would be in the 2s state? thinking ahead [Does 1000 K seem like a lot of energy for electronic excitation of an atom?]...Jun 10 2020
In its most recent financial statements, Newhouse Inc. reported $75 million of net income and $1,125 million of retained earnings. The previous retained earnings were $1,...Jul 30 2021
Formation of a(n) ________ allows some soil bacteria to survive adverse conditions.a. pilusb. nucleoidc. endospored. plasmidJun 05 2021
Brandi Bonds and Cesar Ruiz form a partnership by combining assets of their former businesses. The following balance sheet information is provided by Bonds, sole propriet...Jul 14 2020
CelebNav, Inc. had sales last year of $500,000, and the analysts are predicting a good year for the start-up, with sales growing 15 percent a year for the next three year...Aug 04 2021
Explain, using the theorems, why the function is continuous at every number in its domain. 2x² - - x - 4 F(x) x² +9 O F(x) is a polynomial, so it is continuous at every n...Jun 05 2021
The most recent financial statements for Moose Tours, Inc., appear below. Sales for 2016 are projected to grow by 20 percent. Interest expense will remain constant; the t...Aug 12 2021
While attending night school to earn a degree in computer engineering, Stan Wilson worked for Morlot Container Company (MCC) as an assembly line supervisor. MCC was locat...Aug 13 2020