A supervisor may endure an unacceptable situation for a long time, then, when action is finally taken, he or she is apt to
A) be too lenient.
C) forget the details.
D) regret the action.
52) What is an employee's dissatisfaction or feeling of personal injustice relating to his or her employment called?
53) What is a formal, systematic process that permits employees to express complaints without jeopardizing their jobs called?
A) punishment procedure
B) grievance procedure
C) discipline procedure
D) disciplinary action procedure
54) A grievance procedure under a collective bargaining agreement is generally
A) well defined.
C) described in broad terms.
D) ambiguously stated.
55) In unionized firms, grievances are usually restricted to violations of
A) the law.
B) human rights.
C) societal norms.
D) terms and conditions of the labor agreement.
56) Which of the following conditions may give rise to a grievance?
A) a violation of law
B) a violation of the intent of the parties as stipulated during contract negotiations
C) a violation of company rules
D) all of the above
57) Which of the following is a general principle that can serve as useful guidelines for effective grievance administration?
A) grievances should be adjusted promptly
B) procedures and forms used for airing grievances must be easy to utilize and well understood by employees and their supervisors
C) direct and timely avenues of appeal from rulings of line supervision must exist
D) all of the above
58) A large majority of grievances are settled at which step?
A) the informal presentation of the grievance to the immediate supervisor in the presence of the union steward
B) a meeting of the plant manager or human resource manager with a higher level union official
C) a meeting of the firm's top labor representatives with high level union officials
59) A grievance that remains unsolved at the conclusion of the third step may go to
60) The supervisor needs to recognize that the grievance
A) is just the union's way of causing trouble.
B) may not reflect the real problem.
C) is normally not something to be concerned about.
D) is virtually always justified.
What effective interest rate per 6 months is equivalent to an effective 24% per year compounded quarterly?May 26 2020
The attached figure shows a gas contained in a vertical piston– cylinder assembly, where D = 10 cm. A vertical shaft whose cross-sectional area is 0.8 cm2 is attached to ...Jun 15 2020
The density of balsa wood is about 170 kg/m^3. Convert to g/cm^3. Why do you think balsa wood, rather than oak or ash, is commonly used for building models?May 28 2021
The graph of a folium of Descartes with equation is given in the following graph.a. Find the equation of the tangent line at the point . graph the tangent line along wi...Jun 14 2021
Design a linear circuit that will deliver an output phasor VO = 240 ∠0 V when an input phasor VS = 60∠45 V is applied in Figure 8–57. Assume the source is operating at 10...Jul 27 2020
Karla Gomez is the supervisor at the Grand Hotel s casual restaurant. Karles responsibilities include overseeing five servers and two bussers, seating guests, and taking ...May 07 2020
INBUS 201-Supplemental Mid-Term Exam Fall 2017 NAME: Madn DATE: October 27.2017 Objective Questions (3 points each; 60 points total) l Business" is best defined as: a. Th...Dec 04 2019
Consider a coaxial capacitor having inner radius a, outer radius b, unit length, and filled with a material with dielectric constant, ϵr. Compare this to a parallel-plate...Jun 14 2020
Select ab, or c to indicate the correctly punctuated sentence.a. Boston is often called "Beantown" and "The Hub of the Universe".b. Boston is often called 'Beantown' and ...Jul 15 2021
A 1-in-diameter rod, 3 ft long, of unknown material is found in a machine shop. A variety ofinexpensive nondestructive tests are readily available to help determine the m...Jun 24 2020