A specification that a computing device has 100 million bytes of memory means that the de
A specification that a computing device has 100 million bytes of memory means that the device could hold up to 100 million characters.
13) A gigabyte is 1,024 terabytes.
14) To run a program or process data, the CPU must first transfer the program or data from disk to main memory.
15) To execute an instruction, the CPU moves the instruction from main memory via the cache.
16) When you work on a spreadsheet program like Excel, the program is loaded into the cache for processing.
17) The most frequently used instructions are stored in the cache.
18) Main memory of the computer contains instructions for the operating system (OS).
19) Memory swapping is the process of transferring data between the main memory and the cache.
20) CPU speed is expressed in cycles called hertz.
21) Saving your work frequently is advised to tackle the issue of memory volatility.
22) Most servers do not have a video display or even a keyboard.
23) Server computers need lots of main memory and very large disks.
24) A server farm can process only one service request per minute.
25) Large sites that require numerous servers will organize them through a data farm.