A recession causes a decrease in the demand for housing, resulting in substantial layoffs in the construction industry. This is an example of
A) cyclical unemployment.
B) frictional unemployment.
C) seasonal unemployment.
D) structural unemployment.
52) Inflation is best defined as
A) a price decrease.
B) a relative price increase.
C) an increase in the general price level.
D) an increase in the price of a single necessity.
53) Deflation refers to the situation when
A) the inflation rate decreases.
B) the average of all prices is falling.
C) there is a recession and inflation.
D) prices are not changing.
54) The faster the drop in the purchasing power of money, the
A) faster the drop in the inflation rate.
B) faster the drop in the deflation rate.
C) faster the increase in the deflation rate.
D) the faster the increase in the inflation rate.
55) The nominal value of a good is
A) the good's value expressed in purchasing power terms.
B) the good's anticipated value one year from now.
C) the price of the good in today's dollars, minus an anticipated inflation premium.
D) the price of the good in today's dollars.
56) A new Pentium computer costs less than a 486 computer when it first came out three years earlier. The real price of personal computers over the last three years has
C) stayed the same.
D) changed, but there is not enough information to tell in which direction.
57) Last year the price of a dozen eggs was $1 and this year the price is $1.30. Which of the following does NOT express this price change accurately?
A) The price increased 30 percent.
B) The price increased by 30 cents.
C) If last year was the base year, the index number for this year would be 130.
D) If this year is the base year, the index number for last year would be 130.
1 $ .75 $ .75
2 1.35 .75
3 1.60 .75
4 2.10 .75
58) According to Table 4-1, in the base period (Year 1), the price index is
59) According to Table 4-1, in Year 3, the price index for widgets is
60) In Table 4-2, if 2000 is the base year, what is the price index for a market basket of goods for 2001?
D) Zero since the price of CDs fell and the price of bread increased.
A 50-mm-diameter solid steel shaft, used as a torque transmitter, is replaced with a hollow shaft having a 50-mm OD and a 46-mm ID. If both materials have the same streng...Jun 24 2020
Average Social Media Follower Donation, by Charity, in USD Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Charitable 8.04 10.05 15.00 Delend 4.34 0.10 NPLC 4.29 5.36 8.00 Repair Project 477 5.16 1...Apr 12 2021
Find the component form of the vector v + w for the following diagram & 120May 06 2021
Operating data for Blue Spruce Corp. are presented below. 2016 2017 Sales revenue $834,000 $623,500 Cost of goods sold 530,700 409,600 Selling expenses 129,000 76,200 Adm...Feb 10 2020
You borrow $6,330 to buy a car. The terms of the loan call for monthly payments for 6 years a rate of interest of 7 percent. What is the amount of each payment?How do you...May 13 2021
Performance evaluation allows us to assess the performance of fund managers going beyond historical returns. In particular, we recognize that risk is an important factor ...Apr 13 2021
Discharge.Michael and Dianne Shankle divorced. An Arkansas state court ordered Michael to pay Dianne alimony and child support, as well as half of the $184,000 in their i...Aug 05 2021
1. What is the primary strengthening mechanism in the high strength ‘‘aircraft-quality’’ aluminum alloys?May 23 2020
One of Mei-ling s friends, Curtis Lesperance, runs a coffee shop where he sells specialty coffees and prepares and sells muffins and cookies. He is eager to buy one of Me...Apr 21 2020
Find data to decide whether to open a store.You have been asked to determine the feasibility of opening a frozen yogurt store in Greenville, North Carolina. Answer the fo...May 07 2020