Home / Questions / A ________ is 1,024 bytes. A) K B) MB C) GB D) TB 12) The CPU has a small amount of
A ________ is 1,024 bytes.
12) The CPU has a small amount of very fast memory called ________.
A) the main memory
B) a data channel
C) serial bus
D) a cache
13) To execute an instruction, data is moved from the main memory to CPU via the ________.
B) operating system
14) ________ is a program that controls the computer's resources.
B) Operating system
15) When there is not enough memory to load additional programs in the main memory, the operating system removes some programs/data and replaces it with the newly requested programs/data through a process called ________.
A) data labeling
B) force programming
C) memory swapping
D) data paging
16) CPU speed is expressed in ________.
17) Which of the following is true of a 32-bit CPU?
A) It can effectively utilize up to 4GB of main memory.
B) It has the highest speed of any processor.
C) It is ideal for creating large complicated spreadsheets.
D) It is more expensive than the 64-bit CPU.
18) When contents of the memory are lost when the power is off, the memory is said to be ________.
19) Which of the following is part of volatile memory?
A) magnetic disk
B) magnetic tape
C) optical disk
20) Users employ ________ computers for word processing, spreadsheets, database access, and so forth.
Dec 07 2019 View more View Less
Both Bond Sam and Bond Dave have 6 percent coupons, make semiannual payments, and are priced at par value. Bond Sam has five years to maturity, whereas Bond Dave has 18 y...Jul 08 2021
Revise the following sentences so that their parts are balanced.Hint: Match verb phrases.) Our newly hired employee has started using the computer and to learn her cowork...Aug 20 2021
Assume the following:Assets = $110,000Liabilities = $70,000Net Worth = $35,000Monthly credit payments = $1,640Take home pay = $8,200What is the debt ratio and debt paymen...Jul 30 2021
Suppose that a coffee producing firm estimated the following regression of the demand for its brand of coffee: Qc= 1.5-3 Pc+0.8Y+2Pb-0.6Ps+1.2A Where Qc = sales of coff...May 04 2020
An absorber is being used by an industrial company as a gas scrubber. A dilute air–ammonia mixture, containing 5.0 mol% NH3 is drawn through the tower countercurrent to a...Mar 27 2020
Write net ionic equations for the reaction, if any, that occurs when aqueous solutions of the following are mixed.(a) ammonium sulfate and barium nitrate(b) lead (II) nit...Jul 01 2021
The continuously compounded 6-month and 1-year zero rates are 1% and 2% per year, respectively. What is the price of a 1-year bond that pays coupons of $4 every six month...Jul 08 2021
he U.S. Department of Agriculture has estimated (using statistical analysis) that the market for corn is characterized by a market demand given by QD = 200 - P, while the...Jul 12 2021
Payroll. Here are the summary statistics for the weekly payroll of a small company: lowest salary = $300, mean salary = $700, median = $500, range = $1200, IQR = $600, fi...Apr 26 2020
The potential difference across the terminals of a battery is 8.40 V when there is a current of 1.50 A in the battery from the negative to the positive terminal. When the...May 29 2021