A ________ is 1,024 bytes. A) K B) MB C) GB D) TB 12) The CPU has a small amount of
A ________ is 1,024 bytes.
12) The CPU has a small amount of very fast memory called ________.
A) the main memory
B) a data channel
C) serial bus
D) a cache
13) To execute an instruction, data is moved from the main memory to CPU via the ________.
B) operating system
14) ________ is a program that controls the computer's resources.
B) Operating system
15) When there is not enough memory to load additional programs in the main memory, the operating system removes some programs/data and replaces it with the newly requested programs/data through a process called ________.
A) data labeling
B) force programming
C) memory swapping
D) data paging
16) CPU speed is expressed in ________.
17) Which of the following is true of a 32-bit CPU?
A) It can effectively utilize up to 4GB of main memory.
B) It has the highest speed of any processor.
C) It is ideal for creating large complicated spreadsheets.
D) It is more expensive than the 64-bit CPU.
18) When contents of the memory are lost when the power is off, the memory is said to be ________.
19) Which of the following is part of volatile memory?
A) magnetic disk
B) magnetic tape
C) optical disk
20) Users employ ________ computers for word processing, spreadsheets, database access, and so forth.