Which of the following topics would LEAST likely be addressed in an employee handbook?
A) Drug-testing procedures
B) Family leave policies
C) Safety rules
D) Pay ranges
37) Which of the following is a problem associated with employee handbooks?
A) Employee handbooks can serve as implied contracts between employers and employees and limit an employer's ability to discharge employees.
B) The use of employee handbooks usually increases the amount of litigation brought against employers by disgruntled former employees.
C) Employee handbooks become out of date nearly every month, which is costly and time consuming.
D) Small businesses and family-owned businesses fail to benefit from employee handbooks.
38) Nepotism is the practice of:
A) making information available to decision makers.
B) favoring relatives over others in the workplace.
C) communicating through nonverbal means.
D) dating and marrying co-workers.
39) Chrystal is VP of a small computer business. Chrystal's son Todd and another employee, Lacy, were both considered for a management position. Though Lacy had better credentials, Todd was hired at the insistence of his mother. This is an example of:
A) downward communication.
B) information dissemination.
40) Family business provides its own unique set of challenges to human resource management, especially in dealing with nepotism. The best way to lessen non-family employees' concerns over nepotism is to have the family member:
A) earn a broad general education that would make them eligible for any job.
B) start in a high level position with minimal contact with employees.
C) begin in a job made especially for him or her.
D) work outside of the family business first.
41) Memos are most appropriate for conveying:
A) employee health goals.
B) team performance data.
C) vacation policy changes.
D) corporate stock performance.
42) HR is most likely to be responsible for which of the following means of corporate communication?
A) Company memos
B) Company newsletter
C) Company financial report
D) Company bulletin board
43) Which of the following is intended to keep employees up-to-date on important events and provide inspirational stories about employee and team contributions to the firm?
A) Employee handbook
B) Managerial memo
C) Company financial report
D) Company newsletter
44) Ray wants to gather input from all operations managers at the firm. The managers are located in four different states. Ray needs a low-cost way to bring them together and permit immediate interaction. Ray's best choice would be:
A) voice mail.
D) social networking.
45) Teleconferencing is best described as:
A) an inexpensive option for most start-up companies.
B) an audio-only communication channel.
C) readily available electronic communication.
D) an audio-visual communication channel.
Two economies, Friedmania and Keynesia, both are in a recession with the same aggregate demand, monetary policy, and investment spending curves Friedmania has relatively ...Mar 19 2020
A German worker takes 400 hours to produce a car and 2 hours to produce a case of wine. A French worker takes 600 hours to produce a car and X hours to produce a case of ...Jul 11 2021
1. Ultimately, who is responsible for decision making with regard to this situation? 2. What steps should be taken to remedy this situation? 3. Are there fair and ethical...May 21 2020
irretrievable = not capable of being(a) sold,(b) identified,(c) explained,(d) recoveredJul 21 2021
Storgan Manley is a large financial institution. Storgan Manley increases it\'s profitability by borrowing money to invest. What is this process called?Jul 12 2021
Choose the correct answer.All property claims must be submitted to my lawyer or (I, me, myself) before April 15.Jun 18 2021
The molal depression constant for benzene is 5.12 K/mol. A solution containing 1 g solute per 100 g benzene freezes at 5.1 oC. What is the molar mass of the solute? Freez...May 19 2021
If you put $10,000 in an investment that returns 14% COMPOUNDED MONTHLY, what would you have after 12 years (round to the nearest $10) ? A- $11,490, B- $53,140, C- $48,18...May 29 2021
The CFO is expecting that soon Ramsey will be required to file interactive financial statements with the SEC. The CFO wants your team to practice XBRL tagging to learn mo...May 25 2020
A builder completes a large project for a property company who, due to cash flow problems, offer him a small seaside hotel in lieu of payment. The builder, who has no des...Jul 23 2020