Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of U.S. labor relations?
A) Labor contracts
B) Business unionism
C) Collective bargaining focus
D) Unions structured by region
37) Business unionism tends to focus on:
A) promoting union workers to a company's board of directors.
B) improving the economic welfare of union members.
C) improving the working conditions of managers.
D) increasing employee participation in company management.
38) U.S. unions tend to be organized by:
A) their political involvement.
B) the industry they are organizing.
C) the type of job at an organization.
D) geographic region in the country.
39) Under a ________, unions and management negotiate with each other in good faith to develop work rules for union members for a specific period of time.
A) labor contract
B) collective bargaining system
C) union acceptance strategy
D) distributive bargaining agreement
40) With a collective bargaining system, the U.S. government typically:
A) favors employers.
B) favors employees.
C) plays a neutral role.
D) mediates in all areas of bargaining.
41) In the U.S., workers' economic benefits have historically been established by:
A) labor contract negotiation.
B) federal legislation.
C) government contracts.
D) work rules.
42) The U.S. labor relations system is most similar to the:
A) Swedish labor relations system.
B) U.S. court system.
C) British parliamentary system.
D) German economic system.
43) At its peak in 1945, nearly ________ of the U.S. workforce was unionized.
44) Currently the union membership rate for public-sector work is ________, more than five times higher than the membership rate in the private sector.
45) Currently, the influence of unions in the United States is:
A) decreasing in the public and private sectors.
B) decreasing among government workers.
C) increasing in the private sector.
D) increasing in the public sector.
If a company want to know why the user of a competitive brand didn't prefer its brand, which type of data it may have to collect? On the other hand, if a company want to ...May 01 2020
Which of the following is the formula used to calculate economic profit?Total Revenues - (Explicit Costs - Implicit Costs)Total Revenues - (Explicit Costs + Implicit Cost...May 07 2021
What are the valid quantum numbers?Jul 18 2021
A steel beam with overhanging ends and wide-flange cross section is supported as shown in the figure. The beam carries a uniform load of intensity q = 115 kN/m on each ov...Jun 29 2020
Define a power series centered at c.Jul 04 2021
A. Risk-free assets. Government bonds are considered to be 'risk-free' assets. Why, then, do they give a return? Are they truly completely free of risk?B. On January 27, ...Jul 05 2021
Walt Disney Company, the corporate home of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, is also home to such well-known characters as the Little Mermaid, Buzz Lightyear, and Iron Man. Disney...Jul 03 2021
Price level In the figure to the right, suppose the economy in Year 1 is at point A and is expected in Year 2 to be at point B. Which of the following policies could the ...Feb 01 2020
All else being equal, if a firm issues $100 million in 10% bonds and uses the proceeds to repurchase common stock that pays dividends of $10 million per year, all of the ...Aug 15 2020
How does risk tolerance affect the type of portfolio a person should build?Jun 08 2021