Where would you not find an autonomic ganglion?
A) in the head
B) in the cervical region
C) in the armpit
D) alongside the vertebral column
72) Cardiovascular effects of the sympathetic division include all of the following except
A) constriction of most blood vessels.
B) dilation of the vessels serving the skeletal muscles.
C) increase in heart rate and force.
D) dilation of the blood vessels serving the skin and digestive viscera.
73) Over 90% of all preganglionic parasympathetic fibers are in cranial nerve
74) Control of temperature, of autonomic nervous reflexes, of hunger, and of sleep are functions associated with the
75) This organ contains modified sympathetic postganglionic neurons that lack nerve processes.
A) adrenal medulla
B) collateral ganglia
C) stellate ganglion
D) sympathetic chain ganglia
76) Visceral pain results from all the following except
A) cutting of an organ.
B) chemical irritation of an organ.
C) excessive stretch of an organ.
D) inflammation of an organ.
77) What is the effect of parasympathetic stimulation of respiratory bronchioles in the lungs?
C) decreased secretion of mucus
D) no effect
78) Which of the following disorders of the sympathetic division does not involve a problem with blood vessels?
A) mass reflex reaction
B) congenital megacolon
C) Raynaud's disease
What is the connection between sexual harassment and the abuse of power?Jul 10 2020
Predicting Exchange Rate Movements Whether international businesses are concerned with the long-term profitability of foreign investment, export opportunities, the price ...Jun 10 2021
Consider an insulated cylinder with a movable insulated piston (see figure below). Initially thecylinder contains an ideal gas at temperature T1 and pressure P1 on both s...Apr 16 2020
The Journal of Business & Economic Statistics (July 2000) presented a case in which a charge of gender discrimination was filed against the U.S. Postal Service. At the ti...Jul 30 2020
Which of the following always contains an amino functional group?A. Carbonic acidB. AlcoholC. ProteinD. Fatty acidE. CarbohydrateMay 20 2021
Choose the correct answer.Andrew has three(a) year's(b) years(c) years experience as a clinical psychologist.Jun 15 2021
Choose the correct answer. Then compare your answers with those at the bottom of the page.Do you know (a) whose, (b) who's car is parked in the loading zone?Jun 16 2021
Shaft BC is pinned to the T-bar, which rotates at the constant angular speed ω1. Wheel C rotates freely relative to shaft BC. The platform over which wheel C rolls is rai...Jun 16 2020
On 28th September 2020, the £/$ exchange rate was £0.78/$ compared to £0.81/$ exactly one year before. On the same day, the € $ exchange rate was €0.86/$ compared with €0...Apr 29 2021
Laying Out Arnold Palmer Hospital’s New FacilityWhen Orlando’s Arnold Palmer Hospital began plans to create a new 273-bed, 11-story hospital across the street from its ex...Jul 30 2020