Upload US crime data and compare the burglary counts for the states of Hawaii, California, Arizona and Nevada. Your job is to identify which of the three states is most correlated to California. Make scattered plot chart with X representing California and Y representing that state in question, plot the line and compute the R-square. Answer questions 5 to 8:
5. What are the approximate slope and the R-squares on your chart? (4 points)
· a. Slope=0.048 and R-square=0.9086
· b. Slope=18.841 and R-square=0.9086
· c. Slope=0.0287 and R-square=0.7959
· d. Slope=27.753 and R-square=0.7959
6. Interpret the slope based on the chart. (4 points)
· a. One expects 0.0287 burglaries in Hawaii when there are no burglaries in California.
· b. For 100 additional burglaries in California one expects to see an increase of about 3 burglaries in Hawaii.
· c. For one additional burglary in Hawaii one expects to see an increase of about 19 burglaries in California.
· d. For 100 additional burglaries in California one expects to see an increase of about 5 burglaries in Hawaii
· e. For one additional burglary in Hawaii one expects to see an increase of about 28 burglaries in California.
7. What is the approximate Y-intercept and what is its statistical interpretation? (4 points)
· a. Y-intercept=18607. It is the predicted number of burglary in California when there are no burglaries in Hawaii
· b. Y-intercept=0.0287. It is the predicted number of burglary in Hawaii when there are no burglaries in California
· c. Y-intercept=27.753. For one additional burglary in Hawaii one expects to see an increase of about 28 burglaries in California
· d. Y-intercept= 1912.4. It is the predicted number of burglary in Hawaii when there are no burglaries in California
8. The highest dot on your chart has (approximately) the following X-coordinate. (4 points)
· a. 17822
· b. 545138
· c. 540806
· d. 16726
On March 31 a company needed to estimate its ending inventory to prepare its first quarter financial statements. The following information is available: Beginning invento...Mar 23 2020
Which of the following should not be considered an opportunity cost of attending college?a. money spent on living expenses that are the same whether or not you attend col...May 12 2021
In a board meeting last year, your company has decided to adopt e- learning as a less – expensive alternative to classroom training. Apart from the cost factor, explain o...May 12 2020
Creative Solutions Company, a computer consulting firm, has decided to write off the $11,750 balance of an account owed by a customer, Wil Treadwell. On December 31, jour...Jun 24 2021
You are considering a new 3-year project that requires an initial fixed asset investment of $1.5 million. The fixed asset will be depreciated straight-line to $600,000 ov...May 15 2021
I know the first part is current, but the second is wrong. Please help!Find the sustainable and internal growth rates for a firm with the following ratios: asset turnover...Jun 06 2021
Chose one or two tentative topics you will want to use for your end of course research project and submit for approval See Unit 6 for details of the research paper After...Mar 19 2020
Which refrigerant has the lowest boiling point in atmospheric pressure: R-502, R-134a, R-22, or R-12?May 22 2021
Explain the organizational reward system this firm uses. 2. Although this reward system has obviously been very effective, what more can be done? What specific recommend...Jul 21 2020
Calculate the cell potential for the following reaction as written at 73 degree C, given that [Cr2+]=0.759 M and [Sn2+]=0.0190 M. Standard reduction potentials can be fou...Apr 17 2020