The purpose of these short papers in to connect theory to real life. Here you will challenge, elaborate, make connections, explore similarity and differences, between ideas and their utility to help explain the dynamics of social life. You will identify concepts from the class readings by quoting from the source texts, explain the concepts in your own words, and apply them to a recent current event.
1. Find a news article from the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, or other national news publication, that discusses a recent political situation.
2. Select Choose one of the following three topics:
A. The concepts of the sovereign, the decision, and the state of emergency in
B. The concept of the political, the friend and the enemy in Schmitt
C. The concepts of politics, freedom and authority in Arendt 2. Write a three to four-page paper that shows how these concepts helps us understand the parties, actions, and consequences from those events. In short, how do the concepts by Schmitt or Arendt help us think about what is going on? How do they help us see things in a new light or new perspective that the author of the article doesnt show us? (these are your implicit goals)
3. The analysis should quote the original text for each concept (sovereign, the decision, and the state of emergency) or (concept of the political, the friend and the enemy) or (politics, freedom and authority) with a page number from the text.
4. The quotation from the text THEN must be explained in your words (do not assume the reader knows what the concept means).
The analysis should also cite newspaper article three times once for the related news content that relates to your analysis. Citations should not exceed three typed lines. In other words, please do not include long block quotes.
The following costs are associated with three tomato-peeling machines being considered for use in a canning plant Machine Machine Machine A B C’ First cost $52.000 $...Mar 29 2020
an example of an implicit cost of production would be.A.the income an entrepreneur could have earned working for someone else.B. the cost of raw materials for producing b...May 29 2018
On January 1, 2014, Paloma Corporation exchanged $1,710,000 cash for 90 percent of the outstanding voting stock of San Marco Company. The consideration transferred by Pal...Jul 22 2020
1. A galvanic (voltaic) cell consists of an electrode composed of magnesium in a 1.0 M magnesium ion solution and another electrode composed of copper in a 1.0 M copper(I...Apr 17 2020
Violation of a folkway normally elicits a strong negative reaction from other members of the group12. Taboos are the strongest norms, and they elicit maximum consequences...Jan 11 2020
Explain what creativity and innovation are and how they are relatedMar 17 2020
On January 1, 2014, Valdez Company had Accounts Receivable $91,000 and Allowance for Doubtful Accounts $8,100. Valdez Company prepares financial statements annually. Duri...May 22 2020
You are engaged in the audit of the financial statements of Holman Corporation for the year ended December 31, 20X6. The accompanying analyses of the Property, Plant, and...Apr 06 2020
Here are the returns on two stocks. January February March April May June July August Digital Cheese +15 -2 +4 +6 -3 +2 -1 -7 Executive Fruit +8 +1 +6 +16 +2 +6 -2 -1 Req...Apr 18 2021