The general ledger of Pipers Plumbing at January 1, 2012, includes the following account balances:
The following is a summary of the transactions for the year:
a. Provide plumbing services for cash, $15,000, and on account, $60,000.
b. Collect on accounts receivable, $48,000.
c. Issue shares of common stock in exchange for $10,000 cash.
d. Pay salaries for the current year, $32,000.
e. Pay for utilities expenses, $12,000, of which $5,000 represents costs for 2011.
f. Receive cash in advance from customers, $8,000.
g. Pay $2,000 cash dividends to stockholders.
1. Set up the necessary T-accounts and enter the beginning balances from the trial balance. In addition to the accounts shown, the company has accounts for Dividends, Service Revenue, Salaries Expense, Utilities Expense, Supplies Expense, and Depreciation Expense.
2. Record each of the summary transactions listed above.
3. Post the transactions to the accounts.
4. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
5. Record adjusting entries. Depreciation for the year on the machinery is $6,000. Plumbing supplies remaining on hand at the end of the year equal $1,000. Of the $8,000 paid in advance by customers, $6,000 of the work has been completed by the end of the year.
6. Post adjusting entries.
7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
8. Prepare an income statement for 2012 and a classified balance sheet as of December 31, 2012.
9. Record closing entries.
10. Post closing entries
11. Prepare a post-closing trial balance
A hollow sphere is constructed of aluminum with an inner diameter of 4 cm and an outer diameter of 8 cm. The inside temperature is 100 C and the outer temperatureis 50 C....Apr 27 2020
At present, the maximum legal price for a humanh kidney is $0. the price of $0 maximizesa. consumer surplus, buy not producer surplus.b. producer surplus, buy not consume...May 31 2018
Dilley Corporation issues $300,000 of bonds for $315,000. (a) Prepare the journal entry to record the issuance of the bonds, and (b) Show how the bonds would be reported ...Mar 31 2020
Use the graph below of a perfectly competitive market. How many units will the firm choose to sell, and at what price? In the short term, what will be the total revenue, ...Apr 30 2020
Economists measure the cost of unemployment in terms of lost wages.122.Potential real GDP is the level of output produced when the unemployment rate finally reaches zero....Dec 16 2019
Exercise 14-8 Presented below are three independent situations. (a) Riverbed Co. sold $2,150,000 of 12%, 10-year bonds at 104 on January 1, 2017. The bonds were dated Jan...Aug 11 2020
Present entries torecord the following selected transactions completed duringthe current fiscal year:Feb. 1The board ofdirectors reduced the par of common shares from $50...Apr 17 2018
A trucking company determined that the distance traveled per truck per year is normally distributed, with a mean of 80 thousand miles and a standard deviation of 12 thous...Apr 16 2020
What is skill-based pay and what are its advantages? 98.What labor-related factors should be considered when deciding where to locate production?Jan 10 2020
If natural monopolies are regulated to produce where there is resource-allocative efficiency, they produce wherea.price equals average total cost.b.marginal revenue equal...Dec 09 2019