The following events and transactions related to David Company ocurred after the balance sheet date of December 31, 2017, and before the financial statements were issued in 2018. None of the items is reflected in the financial statements as of December 31, 2017.
1. In order to secure a bank loan of $200,00, David pleged as collateral certain fixed assets wth a net book value of $300,000. David applied for the loan December 18, 2017, and the bank approved the loan on January 8, 2018.
2. On Nover 21, 2017, David initiated a lawsuit seeking $500,000 in damages from a firm that David claims infringed on its trademake. David's attorneys have stated that the chances of wining and of getting the $500,000 are excellent.
3. On February 22, 2018, David issued bonds at an interest rate 2 percentage points above the LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate). This is the average interest rate estimated by leading banks in London that they would be charged if borrowing from other banks.
4. A warehouse containing a significant portion of David's inventory was destroyed by fire on January 30, 2018.
5. A supplier to whom David owes $15,000 declared bankruptcy on February 3, 2018.
Required: Indicate whether the item would be reported in David Company's financial statements or in the notes to the financial statements, and what information would be reported. Assume that each of these events is considered material.
Megacorp plc, an all-equity financed multinational, is contemplating expansion into an overseas >May 15 2020
You are analyzing demand for 4-packs of signature beer. Based on data from 25 liquor stores that sell its signature beer and have customer loyalty programs, you’ve estima...May 07 2020
What are the most important advantages of the hirerchical database model? (a)Conceptual simplicity, integrity, diversity and security (b)Security, efficiency, diversi...Dec 29 2017
A company has a processing department with 10 stations. Because of the nature and use of three of these stations, each is considered a separate cost center for indirect c...Apr 01 2020
The Securities and Exchange Commission will not permit securities to be sold: A. if they have been overpriced. B. prior to approval of the registration statement. C. ...Jan 09 2020
Controlling is (a)A process of determining the goals and objectives and evolving strategies (b)Evolving the people structure in the organization and their roles (c)...Jan 06 2018
Variable manufacturing costs [formula (1) in Exhibit 15–5 ].Nov 26 2019
finned sleeve and in which thermal energy is generated by Ohmic heating. The N fins of thickness t and length L are integrally fabricated with the square sleeve of width ...May 05 2020
Show all work pleaseThe estimated times and immediate predecessors for the activities in a project at Howard Umrah's retinal scanning company are given in the following t...Jul 25 2020
On March 1, 2015, Lois learned that she was bequeathed 1,000 shares of Race Corp. common stock under the will of her uncle, Pat. Pat had paid $5,000 for the Race Corp. st...Mar 23 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.