The following balances were extracted from the books of Bashara Kabwa Enterprises, a wholesale business, as at 31 October 2018:
Trade receivables 990,000
Sales returns 79,420
Trade payables 330,000
Purchases returns 120,340
Discount received 93,720
Provision for depreciation: Motor vehicles 176,000
Fixtures and fittings 63,800
Allowances for doubtful debts 44,000
15% bank loan 220,000
Salaries and wage 1,034,000
Discount allowed 54,560
Bank balance 568,260
Cash in hand 26,400
Electricity expenses 103,840
Rent and rates 54,560
Freehold premises (cost) 1,569,700
Fixtures and fittings (cost) 334,400
Motor vehicles (cost) 462,000
Postage and telephone expenses 44,000
Insurance premiums 13,200
Bad debts written off 15,840
Motor vehicle expenses 84,920
Inventory (1 November 2017) 1,393,480
Interest on bank loan 16,500
1. The value of inventory as at 31 October 2018 was Sh. 1,036,400
2. Sales includes Sh. 300,000 worth of goods sold by Bashara Kabwa Enterprises agents, who are allowed 15% commission on such sales. This transaction has not been recorded in the books.
3. Depreciation is to be provided as follows:
Fixtures and fittings – 10% per annum on reducing balance basis.
Motor vehicle – 15% per annum on straight line basis.
4. Annual insurance premium amounted to Sh. 12,000.
5. As at 31 October 2017, there was a balance of Sh. 65,000 received from a customer in cash.
6. Salaries and wages were in arrears of Sh. 35,000
7. The Electricity bill for the month of October of Sh. 14,500 was received on 5 November 2018.
8. An allowance of 5% is to be maintained for doubtful debts.
9. Goods worth Sh. 48,840 had been distributed to potential customers as free samples.
a) Income statement for the year ended 31 October 2018
Statement of Financial position as at 31 October 2018
what do you mean by producer surplus and consumer surplus? What is meant by economic efficiency and how does it relate to the gains of consumers and producers?May 05 2021
The management of Banciu Corporation provides you with the comparative analysis of changes in account balances between December 21, 2013, and December 31, 2014, appearing...May 24 2020
Explain the definition of these vocabulary in a simple and easy to understanding (human resources management Noe Hollenbeck 7th edition)thank you very much emplo...Aug 27 2020
Questions - Engineering - Civil engineering - class homework assignment - set 57 Question – 1 In designing the lateral resistance of piles, should engineers only use the ...May 24 2020
Deadline for Submission: [Time (am/pm), 26th April 2017] Submit this coursework through the Student Portal with a Turn-it-in Report Word Limit: 2000 words (Plus or minus ...Jul 31 2020
Is the material of formwork (timber or steel) helps to reduce thermal cracks in concretingJul 06 2020
Study the following electric circuit and find (i) the current flowing in the circuit and (ii) the potential difference across 10 ? resistor.Jul 26 2020
Explain how, other things remaining the same, the increase of 62,100 jobs in New York and of 10,300 in Minnesota changed the number of people employed, the labor force, a...May 27 2020
What are some common valuation multiples?Jun 07 2021
The Major Project, or dissertation, allows students to engage in a substantial piece of individual research in a selected topic within the broad business and management f...Jul 30 2020