The density of aluminum is 2.7 g/cm3. What is the mass of a piece of aluminum foil which is 10.0 cm by 5.0 cm by 0.0018 cm thick?
A) 0.090 g B) 3.3 ? 10-2 g C) 0.24 g D) 1.4 ? 102 g E) 19 g
62. If the density of a certain alcohol is 0.785 g/mL, what mass of the alcohol would have a volume of 200.0 mL?
A) 2.55 g B) 157 g C) 200 g D) 255 g E) 3.92 ? 10–3 g
63. A student exploring the desert finds a piece of metal with a volume of 29.9 cm3. If this metal has a mass of 337.5 g, which of the following is the metal most likely to be?
A)aluminum (density = 2.70 g/cm3)
B)sodium chloride (density = 2.16 g/cm3)
C)lead (density = 11.3 g/cm3)
D)gold (density = 19.3 g/cm3)
E)The student discovered a new metal with a density of 0.0886 g/cm3.
64. If a child's balloon filled with helium were heated with a blow-dryer, the balloon would increase in volume. What would happen to the density of the helium in the balloon?
A)It would decrease.
B)It would increase.
C)It would remain the same.
D)A chemical reaction would occur, so it is impossible to predict.
E)The initial statement is incorrect—the volume of the balloon would not increase.
65. A rubber stopper sinks in water, but floats in methylene chloride. Place these three substances in order from least density to greatest density.
66. A diamond will float in water, but sink in carbon tetrachloride. Place these three substances in order from least density to greatest density.
67. An ice cube will sink in hexane, but float in water. Place these three substances in order from least density to greatest density.
68. If the temperature of a bowl of ice cream increases from -10?C to 25?C, what is the increase in temperature in units of degrees Celsius and Kelvin?
A)15?C, 288 KD)35?C, 35 K
B)35?C, 308 KE)15?C, 273 K
C)35?C, 273 K
69. If the temperature of water in a freezer decreases from 22?C to -25?C, what is the decrease in temperature in units of degrees Celsius and Kelvin?
A)47?C, 320 KD)3?C, 276 K
B)47?C, 273 KE)3?C, 3 K
C)47?C, 47 K
70. Which of the following is not an example of a physical property?
A)The boiling point of acetone is 56?C.
B)Sand is more dense than water.
C)Helium is a gas at room temperature.
D)Copper gets a greenish coating on it when exposed to moist air.
E)Water is colorless.
May has been able to accumulate $10,000 in savings from her end-of-month salary and is seeking to invest this amount plus the regular monthly salary savings of $400 into ...Aug 17 2020
Single rate versus departmental rates Eastern Wood Products has two production departments: cutting and assembly. The company has been using a plantwide cost driver rate ...Jul 01 2020
Discuss the three cultural change strategies a foreign marketer can pursue.Jul 23 2020
Given a heap H and a key k, give an algorithm to compute all the entries in H having a key less than or equal to k. For example, given the heap of Figure 9.12a and query ...Jun 13 2020
You are evaluating a project for The Tiff-any golf club, guaranteed to correct that nasty slice. You estimate the sales price of The Tiff-any to be $430 per unit and sale...May 31 2020
Suppose Congress decided to void the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) and replace it with the Straight Line Depreciation Method. What would be the effect...Aug 30 2020
A WT8 * 50 of A992 steel having two lines of 7/8-in Ø bolts as shown in Fig. P3-28. There are 4 bolts in each line, 3 in on center.May 25 2020
We discovered that 650 GSS respondents in 2006 watched television for an average of 2.98 hrs/day, with a standard deviation of 2.4 hours. Answer the following questions, ...Apr 16 2020
A counter-flow heat exchanger is stated to have an overall heat transfer coefficient, based on outside tube area of 50 Btu/h.ft2?°F when operating at design and clean con...Jul 20 2020
Discuss how the reductions in injuries can be used to justify the expenditures on the various programs in NorthStar and Cox.Jun 02 2020