The competitive strategy followed by an organization is derived from the ________ of its industry.
3) Competitive strategy determines an organization's value chain.
4) Briefly describe how organizational strategy determines the functions of information systems.
5) Porter developed the five forces model to help organizations determine the ________.
A) potential profitability of an industry
B) services of an industry
C) reason for the collapse of certain industries
D) means for improving resource utilization
6) Which of the following statements describes suppliers in a position of strong bargaining power?
A) coffee planters during a season of frost that decreases production
B) domestic suppliers of corn in the event of removal of import duties on corn
C) providers of logistic support when fuel prices have been reduced
D) temporary part-time gym instructor
7) Simpson's Lawn Services decides to offer two free mowing services for all customers who booked garden landscaping in the fall. Which of the following forces is Simpson's Lawn Services addressing?
A) the control exercised by Acme Corp., who supplies Simpson's with lawn mowers
B) the power held by the landlord of the Simpson's office space
C) the threat posed by Roger's Landscapes, a new competitor
D) the bargaining power of the City Football Club who are Simpson's customers
8) Porter's five competitive forces can be grouped into two types: forces related to ________ and forces related to supply chain bargaining power.
9) The bargaining power of ________ is one of the five competitive forces in Porter's five forces model.
10) In Porter's five forces model, each of the three competitive forces concerns the danger of ________.
A) suppliers favoring rival companies
B) customers taking their business elsewhere
C) investors refusing to back new projects
D) employees not working toward organizational goals
Billy’s Exterminators, Inc., has sales of $734,000, costs of $315,000, depreciation expense of $48,000, interest expense of $35,000, and a tax rate of 35 percent. What is...Apr 09 2020
Kent sold his car to Carolynn for $2000 down and monthly payments of $295.88 for 3 1/2 years, including interest at 7.5% compounded monthly. What was the selling price of the car?Apr 03 2020
A 100-L rigid tank contains carbon dioxide gas at 1 MPa, 300 K. A valve is cracked open, and carbon dioxide escapes slowly until the tank pressure has dropped to 500 kPa....Jun 07 2020
Summary statistics were calculated on a data set. The mean of the data was 64.7 and the median was 64.1. What can be said about the shape of the distribution?2. It is ...Apr 10 2020
1.In three years you will begin receiving an annual payment of $600 that will be made for two years. If the annual interest rate is 12%, what will be the balance in your ...Apr 18 2020
What is the future value (FV) of $60,000 in five years, assuming the interest rate is 5% per year? >May 16 2020
Do you know of any organization that's not allowing failure to happen explain how?Aug 23 2020
Case Study-Hewlett-PackardReally, Hewlett-Packard? This what’s become of the company of Bill and Dave – Not just the founders of HP, but the founding fathers of Silicon V...May 16 2020
DAILY DEMANDPROBABILITY150.08200.12250.25300.20350.20400.15 Each batch costs the Paris Bakery $50 and can be sold for $100. The Paris Bakery can sell any unsold batches f...May 05 2020
Given the data in the above table, what is the marginal revenue when the 12th unit is sold?A) $7.00B) $5.00C) $3.00D) $1.0052) Given the data in the above table, what is ...Dec 09 2019
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.