The Colgate company believes its toothpaste is more effective than its leading rival, Aim, in fighting tooth decay. A small scale clinical trial was held with 30 patients using Colgate and 21 using Aim. The results showed that the mean and variance of the number of cavities for Colgate was 10.2 and 9.85, respectively, with the results for Aim being 11.4 and 8.42.
It is assumed that the population variances are the same and the distribution of the number of cavities for both groups closely approximates a normal distribution. Use alpha = 0.05.
1. If the hypotheses are to be written in the form of the average of Aim minus the average of Colgate, what is the direction of the alternative hypothesis used to test Colgate's belief. Type the letters gt(greater than), ge (greater than or equal to), lt (less than), le(less than or equal to) or ne (not equal to) as appropriate in the box.
2. Determine the standard error for the difference between means, reporting your answer to three decimal places.
3. Calculate the test statistic, reporting your answer to two decimal places.
4. Is the null hypothesis rejected for this test? Type yes or no.
5. Regardless of your answer for 4, if the null hypothesis was rejected, can we conclude that Colgate's belief is valid at the 5% level of significance? Type yes or no.
Which of the following is not likely to happen as a result of the rising levels of CO2 in our atmosphere? (A) Increased incidence of skin cancer (B) Rise in sea level...Mar 22 2018
A production manager of a manufacturing organization is trying to determine how to organise the production department, so that it can produce more units per day and achi...Mar 07 2018
A certain RLC series load has a ZL = 100 – j999 Ω when excited by a 1-krad=s source and a ZL = 100 + j90 Ω when driven by a 100-krad=s source. Find the values of R, L, a...Jun 15 2020
Now identify the following numbered items using these letters:a. correctly punctuated sentenceb. fragmentc. comma spliced. run-on sentenceOur new office manager was hired...Jun 10 2021
Prepare journal entries to record the following transactions for a retail store. Assume a perpetual inventory system. Apr. 2 Purchased merchandise from Blue Company under...Jul 20 2020
Suncoast Boats INC. estimates that, because of the seasonal nature of its business, it will require an additional $2million of cash for theMay 02 2020
Quad Enterprises is considering a new three-year expansion project that requires an initial fixed asset investment of $3 million. The fixed asset will be depreciated stra...Apr 08 2021
A project has an initial cost of $45,000, expected net cash inflows of $13,000 per year for 7 years, and a cost of capital of 10%. What is the project's NPV? (Hint: Begin...Jun 01 2021
Forma Parte Clipboard SIGN IN TO OFFICE It looks like your stored credential are out of date. Please sign in as S Number a du so we can verify your subscription u m Date:...Aug 15 2020