Review of Accounting Ethics
Assignment 1 Review of Accounting Ethics
Many organizations have been in the news over the past few years due to accounting ethical breaches that have affected their customers, employees, or the general public. Search the internet or the Strayer Library to locate a story in the news that depicts an accounting athical breach. You may select from any type of organization about which you have information or a curiosity.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Given the corporate ethical breaches in recent times, assess whether or not you believe that the current business and regulatory environment is more conducive to ethical behavior. Provide support for your answer.
2. Based on your research, describe the organization, the accounting ethical breach and the impact to the organization related to ethical breach.
3. Determine how the organizational ethical issue was detected and how management failed to create an ethical environment.
4. Analyze the accounts impacted and/or accounting guidelines violated and the the resulting impact to the business operation.
5. As a CFO, recommend which measures could have been taken to prevent this ethical breach and how each measure should be implemented in the future.
6. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not guality as academic resources.
Externality and exmplesA What is an externality?b Provide examplesc Is it possible for a governmentÃ¢??s solution to a market failure to actually worsen the failure? Exp...Mar 16 2020
In accounting, $100 is considered the dividing line between material and immaterial amounts.22.Although it is a long-term asset, a trash can that cost the company $10 can...Jan 11 2020
Company manufactures skates. The company’s income statement for 2013 is as follows: HARDING COMPANY Income Statement For the Year Ended December 31, 2013 Sales (10,500 sk...May 28 2020
In a certain system, an electric heating element was found to increase the temperature of a piece of metal 10° for each ampere of current. The metal expands 0.001 in. /de...Jul 15 2020
What is meant by Non SNA Activities? Is Non SNA Activities of housewives are included in national income? What contribution can made housewives' activities in national income?Apr 29 2020
QuestionRiverside Florists uses an activity-based costing system to compute the cost of making floral bouquets and delivering the bouquets to its commercial customers. Co...Apr 22 2020
Visit an intercollegiate athletic facility during a sporting event and complete a write up on the management aspects of that event and facility. At a minimum, your write ...Feb 05 2020
A radiometer can be used to determine the position of an approaching hot object by measuring the amount of irradiation it detects. Consider a radiometer placed at a dista...Jul 19 2020
Consider these transactions:(a) Draber Restaurant accepted a Visa card in payment of a $200 lunch bill. The bank charges a 3% fee. What entry should Draber make?(b) Marin...Mar 31 2020
A study led by psychologists at Kent State University examined empirical research on ten common studying techniques, such as highlighting text with markers and taking pra...Aug 28 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.