Pure database data in raw form are most pertinent and useful.
12) Each of the elements of the database application system calls on the database management system (DBMS) to process the database tables.
13) Most organizations develop their own DBMS.
14) SQL Server is an open source DBMS product that is free for most applications.
15) To modify an existing table - for example, to add a new column - the developer opens the metadata form for that table and adds a new row of metadata.
16) SQL statements can be issued directly to the DBMS by an application program.
17) DBMS administrative functions include backing up database data, adding structures to improve the performance of database applications, removing data that are no longer wanted or needed, and similar tasks.
18) A database cannot have more than one application running on it.
19) The DBMS uses a keyword form to locate records or items in the database.
20) Application programs process logic that is specific to a given business need.
21) One of the uses of the application program is that the application program serves as an intermediary between the Web server and the database.
22) The lost-update problem can be prevented by a type of locking which must be used to coordinate the activities of users who know nothing about one another.
23) Enterprise DBMS products are designed for smaller, simpler database applications.
24) The bulk of databases in the personal DBMS category have multiple users.
25) Today, the only remaining personal DBMS of significance is Microsoft SQL Server.
An electronic package with a surface area of 1 m2 placed in an orbiting space station is exposed to space. The electronics in this package dissipate all 1 kW of its power...Jul 22 2020
What are the primary business benefits of an ERP system?May 11 2021
Some economists contend that a policy of shifting the aggregate demand curve will be costly because it produces more volatility in both the price level and output. These ...Mar 14 2020
Contents 1. Week 3: Specification of the project aims and a motivation plan that will help you to attract all your potential partners to it. 1 2. Week 4: Specification of...Jul 28 2020
In what ways are cultural values changing? How are marketers responding to these changes?Jul 03 2021
The following table was presented in an article summarizing a study to compare a new drug to a standard drug and to a placebo.Characteristic*New DrugStandard DrugPlacebop...Apr 10 2020
Select the correctly hyphenated word from each of the following pairs. Write its letter in the space provided. Use a current dictionary or reference manual if needed to d...Jul 14 2021
A uniform payment series is typical of house payments, automobile loans, and student loans.true or false ?May 04 2021
The balance on Tabitha Rigby's MasterCard on September 1 is $745.20. In September, she cahrges an additional $348.72 of purchases, has returns of $119.43, and makes a pay...May 20 2021
The Maybe Pay Life Insurance Co. is trying to sell you an investment policy that will pay you and your heirs $36,000 per year forever. Suppose a sales associate told you ...Aug 17 2020