Project 1. Performance of a Siphonic Pump
A pool 50 x 20 m plan as shown in figure 1 filled with water up to h m height. To drain the water out of the pool Siphonic pumping is to
The Siphonic action works once having the piping system completely filled with water (primed completely). The valve at the end of the
pipe helps retaining the priming effect. Once the valve is opened the Siphonic action and the draining process of the pool starts. The
process continues until the whole water in the pool is drained out, assuming the suction pipe is immersed deep enough very close to the
bottom of the pool.
- Select values for the variables: z1, z2, z3, h and pipe inside diameter D of your choice.
- Friction loss in the pipe sections can be estimated using Darcy equation, hL
= f (L/D).V2
/2g, where f, is the friction factor and can be
taken equal to 0.002. Neglect losses in the elbows, the entrance, the exit and the valve. Calculate and draw the EGL and HGL.
- Demonstrate the location along the pipe where the cavitation may occurs.
- Determine the maximum flow rate possible. The maximum flow is the one corresponding to the case when the flow separation occurs
in the piping system due to cavitation effect. Calculate the minimum time needed to empty the pool.
- At the case of the maximum flow rate, calculate the reactions at the support at point A.
- Repeat your calculations for different values of pipe diameter, calculate and plot the minimum time needed to empty the pool function
of the pipe diameter, D.
- Suggest and demonstrate through calculations a method that enhances the draining process, without a need to lower the pipe end more
for one case of a pipe diameter.
Identify errors in possessive construction in the following sentences. Write the correct forms. Each sentence contains one error.Fans of the Dallas's Cowboys cheered their team.Jun 15 2021
Identify an incentive conflict in your firm, or one you have read about, that reduced firm value. As part of your answer, discuss whether or not one or more of the legs o...Apr 23 2021
Which of the following correctly identifies normal balances of accounts?Assets DebitLiabilities CreditCommon Stock CreditRevenue DebitExpenses CreditAssets DebitLiabiliti...May 18 2021
In each of the following independent situations, record the adjusting journal entry required at December 31, 2016 for The Prestige Corporation No financial statements wer...Mar 23 2020
Gaunt Computer Displays plans to issue bonds to finance research and development for computer monitors that can be read while sleeping. The firmâs investment bankers re...Aug 29 2020
A answered 10 Marked out of 8 1.00 с Price 6 P Flag question E 4 2 1 2 3 4 5 Number of hamburgers Q Refer to Figure. If the price of a hamburger increases from $6 to $8, ...Apr 06 2021
Q P TR MR TC MC 0 10 ---- 4 1 9 8 2 8 11 3 7 13 4 6 14 5 5 16 6 4 19 7 3 24 8 2 30 What profit should this firm be earning?Apr 10 2020
When he died in 1790, Benjamin Franklin left $4600 to the city of Boston, with the stipulation that the money and its earnings could not be used for 100 years. The beques...Mar 29 2020
Amazon’s Big Data Strategy, and write a Case Analysis that addresses the following questions: 1.Has management allocated sufficient resources to the strategy execution ef...Jul 27 2020
Find the equation of the line which is perpendicular to vector which passes through (1,2,0) and (3,5,1) >Aug 04 2020