Perform a vertical analysis of financial statements
1) A vertical analysis differs from a horizontal analysis in that an item is selected as the base amount and all other items are computed as a percentage of the base amount.
2) The base amounts for a vertical analysis are net income and total equity.
3) Net sales at Kelly's Bakery increased from $40,000 to $60,000 and its cost of goods sold increased from $20,000 to $40,000, then vertical analysis based on net sales would show the following percentages for cost of goods sold (rounded to the nearest percent):
A) 40% and 20%.
B) 10% and 30%.
C) 50% and 67%.
D) 67% and 40%.
E) 33% and 50%
4) For vertical analysis purposes, the base item on the balance sheet is __________.
5) For vertical analysis purposes, the base item on the income statement is __________.
6) If Rick's net sales increased from $40,000 to $80,000 and its operating expenses increased from $30,000 to $50,000, then, using vertical analysis based on net sales, what percentages would show for operating expenses for the two periods (to the nearest tenth of a percent)?
What is the maximum reliable rate of communication over the (complex) AWGN channel when only the I channel is used? How does that compare to the capac- ity of the complex...Jul 31 2020
Give Answer in Max 500 Words. give answer as soon as possible as previously I asked this same question but the answer is not correct so please give correct answer.Scenar...Apr 04 2021
Show transcribed image textuwing questions. Sensitivity Model Questions.xlsx What type of chart did we use to build a tornado chart? Tornado chart Clustered bar chart Col...Aug 07 2020
The "efficient frontier" indicates:A) alternatives with neutral combinations of risk and returnB) alternatives with the highest returnsC) alternatives with the best combi...Apr 19 2021
Ceramic engines continue to constitute an area of considerable interest and are frequently discussed in the popular literature. If perfected, they would allow higher oper...May 23 2020
Amanda Fall is starting up a new house painting business, Fall Colors. She has been advertising in the local newspaper for several months, and based on inquiries and info...Aug 05 2020
You are given 4 companies to choose from Amazon, Burberry, Huawei, and Volvo – Each case is presented as 2-3 piece of readings, in which one is a newspaper article – C...Mar 21 2020
Lolita, an intelligent and charming Holstein cow, consumes only two goods, cow feed (made of ground corn and oats) and hay. Her preferences are represented by the utili...Mar 29 2020
FFDP Corp. has yearly sales of $29.5 million and costs of $14.9 million. The companyâs balance sheet shows debt of $55.5 million and cash of $39.5 million. There are 1,...Aug 19 2020
Starting from the position shown, the box is rotated by angle θ about main diagonal AC, counterclockwise as viewed from corner C toward corner A. The angle between the fi...Jun 16 2020