Morganton Company makes one product and it provided the following information to help prepare the master budget:
- The budgeted selling price per unit is $60. Budgeted unit sales for June, July, August, and September are 9,500, 26,000, 28,000, and 29,000 units, respectively. All sales are on credit.
- Forty percent of credit sales are collected in the month of the sale and 60% in the following month.
- The ending finished goods inventory equals 25% of the following month’s unit sales.
- The ending raw materials inventory equals 15% of the following month’s raw materials production needs. Each unit of finished goods requires 4 pounds of raw materials. The raw materials cost $2.40 per pound.
- Forty percent of raw materials purchases are paid for in the month of purchase and 60% in the following month.
- The direct labor wage rate is $12 per hour. Each unit of finished goods requires two direct labor-hours.
- The variable selling and administrative expense per unit sold is $1.50. The fixed selling and administrative expense per month is $65,000.