Metro’s computer system generated the following trial balance on December 31, 2011. The company’s manager knows that the trial balance is wrong because it does not show any balance for Goods in Process Inventory but does show balances for the Factory Payroll and Factory Overhead accounts.
After examining various files, the manager identifies the following six source documents that need to be processed to bring the accounting records up to date.
Jobs 603 and 604 are the only units in process at year-end. The predetermined overhead rate is 80% of direct labor cost.
1. Use information on the six source documents to prepare journal entries to assign the following costs.
a. Direct materials costs to Goods in Process Inventory.
b. Direct labor costs to Goods in Process Inventory.
c. Overhead costs to Goods in Process Inventory.
d. Indirect materials costs to the Factory Overhead account.
e. Indirect labor costs to the Factory Overhead account.
2. Determine the revised balance of the Factory Overhead account after making the entries in part 1. Determine whether there is under- or overapplied overhead for the year. Prepare the adjusting entry to allocate any over- or underapplied overhead to Cost of Goods Sold, assuming the amount is not material.
3. Prepare a revised trial balance.
4. Prepare an income statement for year 2011 and a balance sheet as of December 31, 2011. Analysis Component
5. Assume that the $1,500 indirect materials on materials requisition 94-233 should have been direct materials charged to Job 604. Without providing specific calculations, describe the impact of this error on the income statement for 2011 and the balance sheet at December 31, 2011.
Based on a Case Study, students are expected to draw and discuss: an Analysis Class Diagram, a Communication Diagram, and a Sequence Diagram. Students are also expected t...May 28 2020
(1 point) Find all the values of x such that the given series would converge. 4" (2-3) n+ 3 n=1 Answer:Apr 21 2021
If a matrix A= 3 -1 -1 5 verify matrix A satisfies CayleyHamilton theorem >Aug 02 2020
Take a moment and reflect on the content in this course:What did you find enlightening?Did you find anything that was surprising to you?What did you find to be the most u...Aug 23 2020
Keep the Highest: 2.3/3 5. The price of trade Suppose that Italy and Germany both produce beer and stained glass. Italy's opportunity cost of producing a pane of stained ...Apr 01 2020
Tom is buying a quantity of wheat at which the marginal utility (in dollars) exceeds price. He shoulda.reduce wheat consumption, thus raising P to the level at which MU =...Dec 16 2019
Show transcribed image textQUESTION 8 Assets Liabilities A = $100 m L = $90 m E = $10 m Assume that the average duration of assets is 9 while the average duration of liab...Aug 31 2020
Which of the following can help you visualize relationships among different parts of a complex message? Select one:a. Direct approach b. Outlining c. Scope d. Indirect ap...Aug 23 2020
Properly analyze the Sushilicious case, you will need to conduct a five forces strategic analysis. Determine the major problem(s), offer alternative solutions and then pi...Mar 21 2020
Liquid ethanol is pumped from a large storage tank through a 1-inch ID pipe at a rate of 3.00 gal/min. (a) At what rate in (i) ftlbf/s and (ii) hp is kinetic energy bein...Jun 08 2020