Marina, Inc., held 1,500 of Navia common stock with a cost of $36,900. These shares were classified as a long-term available-for-sale investment. It sold the shares on December 13 for $42,100. Prepare the necessary journal entry to record this sale.
147. Columbia Corp. held 1,500 of Vianco common stock with a cost of $74,387. These shares were classified as a long-term available-for-sale investment. It sold the shares on December 13 for $55,275. Prepare the journal entry to record this sale.
148. Chrono Co. held bonds of Ayrford Co. with a cost of $125,000 and a year-end market value of $123,700. Chrono also held 1,500 shares of Avian common stock with a cost of $25,000 and a year-end market value of $26,100. These are classified as long-term available-for-sale securities. Prepare the journal entry to record the market value of the investments as of its December 31 year-end.
149. Detalo Co. held bonds of Schooner Corp. with a cost of $125,000 and a market value of $127,000. Detalo also held 1,500 shares of Tranco common stock with a cost of $25,000 and a market value of $24,700. These are classified as long-term available-for-sale securities. Prepare the journal entry to record the market value of the investments as of December 31.
150. On January 2, Froxel Company purchased 10,000 shares of Sandia Corp. common stock at $19 per share plus a $3,000 commission. This represents 30% of Sandia Corp.'s outstanding stock. On August 6, Sandia Corp. declared and paid cash dividends of $1.75 per share and on December 31 it reported net income of $150,000. Prepare the necessary entries Froxel Company must make to account for these transactions and events.
list five structural steel elements used in typical building construction and their primary function.Jul 06 2020
Billy’s Exterminators, Inc., has sales of $655,000, costs of $304,000, depreciation expense of $56,000, interest expense of $38,000, a tax rate of 35 percent, and paid ou...Apr 14 2020
In HR management, decentralization of decision making is considered this type of challenge:A. IndividualB. ManagerialC. EnvironmentalD. OrganizationalMay 30 2020
Determine the mass moments of inertia of the homogeneous cone in problem 7.91 about the x and y axes and compare your results with the values given in Appendix C.problem ...Jun 15 2020
54) If the saving function is of the form IS --20+ 0.3Y), consumption at an income level of 200 is A) 80. B) 120 C) 160.Feb 07 2020
Assume that a Japanese citizen decide to borrow 5000 JPY (Japanese Yen) in order to buy Mexican Bonds when the Mexican Pesos equals 5 Japanese Yen (1 MXN = 5 JPY). At the...Apr 08 2021
An investor buys 100 shares of a $40 stock that pays an annual cash dividend of $2 a share (a 5 percent dividend yield) and signs up for the dividend reinvestment plan.If...May 27 2020
Following the Trail: Identifying Hard and Soft Components of Income (Easy) A firm reported after-tax operating income of $1,298 million. Free cash flow of $234 million wa...May 25 2020
The number of compounding periods can greatly affect the amountof interest (as a percent or in real value) paid when consideringloans. The compounding frequency can also ...Dec 02 2019
An English professor assigns letter grades on a test according to the following scheme.A: Top 14% of scoresB: Scores below the top 14% and above the bottom 57%C: Scores b...Feb 06 2020