Load cells measure force using internal strain gages. A properly designed load cell has a very small mass compared to the effective mass of the load. The load cell and its load operate together as a second-order dynamic system. A load cell has a range of 0 to 500lbf and a maximum deflection of 0.0100 inches. The effective mass of the load is 20.0 lbm, and the damping ratio is 0.100.
(a) Calculate the spring constant k(also called stiffness=Force/Displacement) of the load cell.
(b) Calculate the undamped natural frequency in Hz.
(c) At time t = 0, a load of 100 lbf is suddenly applied to the system. How long will it take for the system output amplitude to be within 0.5% of the static response?
Currently, ABC Company does not have any borrowings. Management forecast that revenue for FY 2016 will increase to $13.5 million, while gross profit margin remains consta...Jul 03 2021
On April 1, Pujols, Inc., exchanges $430,000 fair-value consideration for 70 percent of the outstanding stock of Ramirez Corporation. The remaining 30 percent of the outs...Jul 22 2020
Campbell, a single taxpayer, earns $292,500 in taxable income and $11,500 in interest from an investment in State of New York bonds. (Use the U.S. tax rate schedule.) (Do...Apr 13 2020
Assume Near and Far Burgers has two categories of direct labor: unskilled, which has a standard cost of $6 per hour, and skilled, which has a standard cost of $10 per hou...Jun 19 2020
Warnerwoods Company uses a perpetual inventory system. It entered into the following purchases and sales transactions for March.DateActivitiesUnits Acquired at CostUnits ...Jul 22 2021
11. What are the main aspects to consider when deciding for a single-sourcing or a multi-sourcing strategy? Bring examples for both types of strategies for the fast-food industry.Apr 28 2021
Choosing a product: Low-power hairdryer, which is commonly use in student dormitory with a power not more than 1000 W due to safety reason.Question: Determine product spe...Aug 21 2020
Suppose that you are interested in estimating the link between the unemployment rate (unem), size of the city population (pop), and number of crimes (crimes). The followi...May 06 2021
On November 30, 2016, there was a fire in the factory of Able Manufacturing Limited, where you work as the controller. The work in process inventory was completely destro...Apr 19 2020
Today most of the business enterprises engage in strategic management, although the degrees of sophistication and formality vary considerably. In this scenario, identify ...Nov 30 2017