If managers increase employee involvement in the design of an incentive compensation system, which of the following will most likely occur?
A) Employees will be more committed to the plan.
B) Managers will spend more time in conflict resolution.
C) Employees' intrinsic drives will be sharply reduced.
D) Managers will be better able to evaluate performance.
22) Which of the following would most likely enhance the perceived fairness of a pay-for-performance system?
A) Employees receiving variable and base pay
B) Employees making final decisions on the system design
C) Managers implementing a process for making appeals
D) Managers strictly limiting the amount of employee input
23) Healthy living incentives most likely benefit employers in all of the following ways EXCEPT by:
A) lowering health insurance premiums.
B) reducing absenteeism.
C) receiving tax breaks.
D) reducing worker stress.
24) Public and nonpublic praise, honorary titles, and expanded job responsibilities are all examples of:
A) financial rewards.
B) lump-sum payments.
C) nonfinancial rewards.
D) employee services.
25) A firm should most likely use merit pay as an element of a(n):
A) team-based compensation plan.
B) plantwide compensation plan.
C) equity-based compensation plan.
D) individual-based compensation plan.
26) Merit pay differs from bonus programs in what way?
A) Merit pay raises the employee's base pay permanently; bonuses do not.
B) Bonuses are nonfinancial rewards; merit pay is a financial reward.
C) Merit pay is disbursed several times a year; bonuses are given on a yearly basis.
D) Bonuses are used much less often than merit pay in individual-based pay plans.
27) A firm is offering a one-time tangible prize to the employee who receives the highest customer service evaluation in a particular month. This company is using a(n) ________ incentive.
D) merit increase
28) Which of the following best explains why individual-based incentive plans work?
A) Equity theory
B) Maslow's hierarchy
C) Expectancy theory
D) Achievement theory
29) Expectancy theory claims that:
A) people are usually consistent in their performance.
B) people tend to perform activities that will be rewarded.
C) individuals who do not set goals are more intrinsically motivated than those who do set goals.
D) employers that reward employees may not gain any increase in quality or efficiency in productivity.
30) Which of the following is an advantage of individual-based pay-for-performance plans?
A) Quality goals and production goals are accomplished.
B) Rewarded performance is likely to be repeated.
C) Flexibility is enhanced among supervisors.
D) Equity is relatively easy to achieve.
.Use the following accounts and information to prepare, in good form, an income statement, statement of retained earnings, and balance sheet for Cray Enterprises for the ...Dec 10 2019
Sue offers to buy a house from John and they were negotiating the price of the house. In the meantime, Sue confides in John's wife that she is willing to pay an amount of...Aug 30 2020
For the satellite system of Prob. 14.9, assuming that the velocity of the base satellite is zero, determine (a) The position vector r of the mass center G of the sys...Jun 24 2020
Find ifJul 01 2021
Why did the Orlando Magic decide to “go green” in its new building?Apr 06 2021
The subject in all commands is understood to be . ________ true/ falseJun 11 2021
Identify any pronoun-antecedent errors in the following sentences. Then write a corrected form in the space provided.Last Friday either Ms. Monahan or Ms. Chavez left the...Jun 18 2021
Choose the correct answer.Michael Burnside is the only one of the lab assistants who(a) was,(b) wereable to work effectively with disabled students.Jul 01 2021
Operating expenses appear on the income statement:A) directly after gross marginB) directly after cost of goods soldC) directly after revenueD) do not appear on the inco...Dec 07 2019
Primary value chain activities that involve the effective layout of receiving dock operations (inbound logistics) and support value chain activities that include expertis...Mar 23 2018